Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I just got a 05 E AT ex with awd 40k miles for 12,000. I think is a decent deal. Hopefully. I got rid of a scion xb for this and man the stadium seating is amazing. I never want to ride in the front.

Now onto something new, how much engine noise comes from the E, can you here the fuel injectors. Thank you.

also do I need to change anything, the dealer put on new tires.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congrad's on you'r new to you E and welcome. You will hear more than usual engin noise on the E . the injectors are a bit noise i gues and you will hear a bit of valve noise ( Not a lot but it can sound a bit noise to somone not used to the K24's). If it sounds to loud you can alwase check your valve clerence and such, thar's more info hear than you can shake a stick at;-), I would change the rear diff fluid when you get a chance Only use HONDA fluid's especily in the rear diff, engin coolent, auto trans , do the engin oil (your choice) and filter if needed and enjoy..

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can run a thin 5w30 such as Chevron supreme 5w30 or Castol edge 5w30 to quiet the engine noise a bit and it will not effect your gas milage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx

thanx guys i took it to honda they said thats the injector noise and its normal, but how much does it cost to change all that stuff you mentioned. Thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts