Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've said on here many times that in a huge honda fan but I got to tell you thay we just bought a new sonata limited with nav and it is beautiful! I went and test drove a 09 civic (back seat too small) and a 09 accord with nav (was fine and was thinking about it) but when we test drove the sonata my wife and I both loved it! Its so comfortable and quiet. It has so many features heated seats, heated mirrors, auto lights, nav, leather, home link, automatic rear view mirror ect. and I love the traditional styling over the space age accord and civic. I think that Hyundai has come lightyears from where they started. I also looked under the hood and underbody of the car and everything is undercoated to perfection, its flawless not big gobbs of junk and the parts all look perfect unllike many american cars I've bought that have rust on the underbody right off the showroom floor. We bought the 4cylinder because of the 32mpg rating. We still have Mr. Humphry (our E) but now he gets a rest and shares the drivetime with our new car.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hyundai has come a long way...but I still can't help but think there is something about their new car interior smell that STINKS to me. I dunno, it or me (probably me) is strange :confused:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm funny you should say that! When we test drove my wife and I liked that it had no smell, not a new car smell not anything but we test drove an azera and yukk!!!!! It smelled like fish or something! I'm going to get my camera out and take some pics while im poking around with it today.

If anything our car has the faint smell of leather

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
hmm funny you should say that! When we test drove my wife and I liked that it had no smell, not a new car smell not anything but we test drove an azera and yukk!!!!! It smelled like fish or something! I'm going to get my camera out and take some pics while im poking around with it today.

If anything our car has the faint smell of leather
I haven't been in any of the 09's, I just know I always thought the new ones had a weird smell whenever I sat in them at new car shows.

·
Registered
320 Posts
yeah hyundai has come a long way, i saw the new ones when i was at SEMA last year, I didn't even know they were hyundais, thought htey were some other high end car company. till i looked up and saw the big hyundai sign lol.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Congrats...............let's see the pictures

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
so over a year later and here are some under body pics of what I was talking about! The E is 05 80k/ the sonata is 09 20k. One of these things is not like the other!

First three are the E then the next three are the Sonata.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
standard factory! That was the point of my whole thread. There is crazy quality for price in Hyundai! So I can tell you a little over a year and 20k miles later I am happy I bought my Sonata. They changed the body style right after I bought one but Im glad I got the year I did. The new eqquis that Hyundai is coming out with looks more like my car than the new sonata.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Smell Of Sonata

Hyundai has come a long way... but I still can't help but think there is something about their new car interior smell that STINKS to me. :confused:
The Hyundai Sonata should smell like Montgomery, Alabama (where they're built). The sweet, clean air of the south should smell darned good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts