Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a series of unfortounate events my 93 Civic died... after many days of mourning and uncertainty I jumped right into a brand new E!!! It's not only my first new car but its my first E. My E was the 73rd E off the production line and its GREAT! If anyone E owners live in chicago and are in or want to start up a E club here im in. I jsut wanted to thank everyone who has built this site so that I can hit the ground running with my E!

·
Registered
60 Posts
After a series of unfortounate events my 93 Civic died... after many days of mourning and uncertainty I jumped right into a brand new E!!! It's not only my first new car but its my first E. My E was the 74th E off the production line and its GREAT! If anyone E owners live in chicago and are in or want to start up a E club here im in. I jsut wanted to thank everyone who has built this site so that I can hit the ground running with my E!
Excellent purchase! I'm sure you will enjoy. Welcome to the EOC. Get a sticker!!!!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
After a series of unfortounate events my 93 Civic died... after many days of mourning and uncertainty I jumped right into a brand new E!!! It's not only my first new car but its my first E. My E was the 74th E off the production line and its GREAT! If anyone E owners live in chicago and are in or want to start up a E club here im in. I jsut wanted to thank everyone who has built this site so that I can hit the ground running with my E!

We have several members in this E club in your area. You don't need to start an E club, you just have to get your local chapter moving!

Welcome!

Good luck with your new E!

Dom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sticker

What color sticker should I get? The chrome or white? Whats more classy?

Also, does anybody have a good recomendation for a slightly shorter or bendable antenna? Mine is about an inch to long and it hits my garage door when I pull in :-( so I pulled it off for now in hopes to find something suitable. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it's AT, its nice and smooth through the gears and it senses when you are driving uphill and will hold off on shifting to power up the hill its great!

I also really like the feature that compensates for road noise on the freeway and turnns up the radio, then turns it down when you slow down.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I also really like the feature that compensates for road noise on the freeway and turnns up the radio, then turns it down when you slow down.

I often thought Honda should put that in all there radio's. They have had it for years on the Goldwing! I love that feature on my wing.

Dom

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Congrats on your '09 purchase! Be sure to post pics of inside and out, esp that Navi unit. Welcome aboard! :razz:

·
Registered
549 Posts

Also, does anybody have a good recomendation for a slightly shorter or bendable antenna? Mine is about an inch to long and it hits my garage door when I pull in :-( so I pulled it off for now in hopes to find something suitable. Thanks!
Congrats on your new E!! As for your antenna, check out South Coast Accessories, (www.southcoastaccessories.com), they are one of the sponsors to the forum.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
247 Posts
after many days of mourning and uncertainty I jumped right into a brand new E!!!
Was curious how the dealers were about negotiating price? Were they pretty uptight or fairly workable? If that's too nosy of a question, I apologize. :)

So with the Nav unit, there's no bluetooth integration with cell phones, right (so you can do hands-free calling)?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Welcome to the boards, AKAttack1! Glad to hear you're luvin your new 09 E. :)

I have had stubby antennas on my E for a few months now. The current one I have is only 1.5" which I bought from Black Forest Industries. The stubby I had before that was 2.5" and that was bought from Enigma.

Here are a few pictures of the 1.5" stubby and the 2.5" stubby.

2.5" stubby:
PIC-0048.jpg

1.5" stubby:
PIC-0053.jpg

Comparison shots:
PIC-0051.jpg

PIC-0052.jpg

You can get them from a few other places. www.stubbyantenna.com Have several different models and sizes. And as Chefjames already mentioned, one of our site's sponsors South Coast Accessories also sells a model.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Congrads and excellent color choice- looks like you are the 1st one to purchase an '09 here!

I, like Jojo, saw your pic on your main page, but PLEASE post more when you get the chance.

Now let the mods begin . . .

~T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More Pics

Thanks for everyone who has responded so far lots of useful tips. I will try and grab some pics before it gets dark today!! Although I work in the world of corporate AV so I often never see the sun...
-A.K.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Leave it to snuff to leap at the chance to post pix of his "stubby" all over the EOC.:razz:

I'd say welcome to the zoo to you AK but, it seems you may already be aware that we are just animals.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Element pics!!!

I posted pics of my New in the Albums portion of my profile. Its pretty comprehensive. If anyone wants to see anything else in the 09 let me know!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Leave it to snuff to leap at the chance to post pix of his "stubby" all over the EOC.:razz:
Admit it. You're just jealous of my stubby. laugh.gif

·
Registered
164 Posts
I posted pics of my New in the Albums portion of my profile. Its pretty comprehensive. If anyone wants to see anything else in the 09 let me know!!!
Thanks for the photos!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Welcome to the Club

Welcome to the EOC. Take a look at our Billet antenna line. We have 3 styles, and the new adjustable one might do the trick for you. It will adjust from 4" to 11" and you have a choice of silver or black. :cool:
Congratulation's on the first 09 E on the EOC. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts