Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just passed 110 k and still loving this truck ! At a little over 100 k I changed the timing belt , so simple a caveman can do it ! The hardest part was getting the crank bolt off @#$%&^&*% no special tool as instructed in the manual , just stuck a screwdriver in the flywheel and lots of muscle ! Paid 80 bucks for the belt from local honda guy , 10 for the hondabonda . while the valve cover was off , I inspected cams for wear and I'm telling you , using the WIX filter 51356 (who cut all those filters open , Larry ?) and Mobil clean 5000 , there were no signs of wear and changing the oil @ 3000 does the trick , also changed the plugs @ 15 each , took 30 minutes tops . Ruby runs as good as new ......
looking forward to the next 100 k
ps purchased her new 5/5/05

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am curious about something. Since there isn't a factory interval for changing the timing chain....Why did you change it?
There certainly is an interval , engines with a chain can usually go for up to 120 k before changing , a timing belt , which is just like a drive belt ( alt , a/c , pws ) different teeth , needs to be changed at 60 k . All owners manuals have a scheduled maintenance section , severe or normal driving conditions . I did mine jesbecause it was time !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts