Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just picked up my sc about a month ago...it has 56,xxx miles on it now and was just curious to see what preventative maintenance is need (if any) at this point. I havn't had time to drop into the Honda dealership to ask yet + i really don't want a service advisor telling me i need to do all kinds of rediculous stuff to help him meet his monthly quota ... anyways i guess at this point i'm leaning towards being obsessive compulsive with the preventative stuff because I love my E and I think i'm going to be keeping it for a really long time. Any help or advice would be kindly appreciated! :) Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd replace all the fluids including antifreeze and brake fluid, skipping only those you know for sure had just been replaced. They are all due about now, and chances are the previous owner didn't change them because he was not keeping the vehicle.

Also check the air filter, cabin air filters, rotors, and brake pads, especially on the rear. The rear pads tend to stick. Greasing the rear caliper pins annually is a must for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts