Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all,
I recently joined the element club after buying a 2006 honda element 4wd with the manual transmission. Ive been looking for one i could afford for so long and now I finally have one. I bought it with 100k miles and I decided to change all the fluids (honda brand). Afterwards I feel vibration at 50-60 mph only under acceleration. I've searched the subject but some said they just needed a tranny or diff flush because they hadn't changed their fluid before. I changed both diff and tranny and afterwards I got this vibration at highway speeds but only when I accelerate. It didn't do it before all this I wonder if I just need to drain and fill a couple of times. Any suggestions,

all was fine before I did this, I also put tires in the rear, which were balanced. but the shakes comes from the front. and again, its only when I accelerate from 55-60 mpg and then its gone.
thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Sage0187.

If it shakes only while accelerating (presumably in a straight line) around 55-60 mph, I doubt it's related to your fluid change, despite the timing. I assume you tried this in both 4th and 5th gears, and the result is the same?

First thing I'd do is recheck the balance of all four tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I've tried it in both 4th and 5th gear its only when its under load.

tire balance was my next step. I also searched and found out that the axels might be the problem. lack of grease I think was the issue in this thread

Thank you very much for your response I'll post back once I've resolve the issue. and thank you also for welcoming me to the club.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Check the motor mounts for excessive movement. That movement can cause a shudder on accel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at slow speeds is fine, no noises when turning or shaking. I sure hope its just a matter of re-balancing all tires. engine mounts were also on my mind I have to see if the check out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
just rebalanced all 4 tires today. the vibration is still there but its a little more subtle now. I will try and check the motor mounts next.

also I was greeted with a MIL: Code P2647 today. I will try cleaning the screen of the solenoid and the VTC assy filter too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will do, thanks for your advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts