Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was only 15 miles, but it's the longest drive I've had so far in an Element and this one was mine. I love that green, it was worth waiting for. The dealer said they had three more green on order with deposits in the bank, but they didn;t know how long it might take to receive them. I also got lucky because the loan rate dropped again to 4.75%, so it paid to wait awhile.

Now I get to go play with the new car. Hmm, lower grill guard is first on the list. Better make a trip to Home Depot!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Picking mine up tomorrow! Its wierd though its like I'm waiting for- the seat to rock , windshield to break and the scratches, etc...but you know what I dont care I'm just gonna enjoy the ride! congrats!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm waiting for my GG Element - my dealer says they can't find another in the region and the next green one they're due to get will be the end of April. I'm getting very impatient!

I started to make a list of all the things I needed to watch out for, including windshield cracks, loose seats, discolored cladding, bad reception on the radio..... I've got to stop reading before I change my mind!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take heart. I have had mine for 1000 miles now and love it. I haven't had any of the problems reported on this site, though I am now rather paranoid since visiting here. Kind of took something out of it, if you know what I mean. Wish I could go back to my blissful ignorance days before I heard about scratches, broken windshields, and owners of the vehicle being target by taliban fighters. Danger lurks everywhere for the innocent Element driver! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had mine for three days now and I love it more and more as each day passes.

I've been getting nothing but compliments and turning heads :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Nice to hear the positive thinking.

Day One Report: Drove the Element to work and parked with 3000 other cars in the lot, parked at a large regional shopping mall, at a local Target and at Home Depot. No windshield cracks. No door dings today. Back hatch still closes with quality. Composite panels remain unscratched and properly colored. Plenty of power to accelerate onto the freeway commute. GREAT FM and AM reception (I love that subwoofer!).

I stand this--when's the luck going to run out?! :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
WOW what a trip. Who long does it take to lose this silly smirk I have on my face?! :) I do love it even more that I have my very own-and I notice all this little things now that I have driven it with out all the hype. I truely love it. Left the garage light on all nite for him! Woke up twice and checked on him....UGhhhh I need tharapy I think. 15 hour 37 minutes no problems!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Much to my surprise, my deadler called yesterday and said he'd found a green 4WD EX and did I want to pick it up last night! What a tough decision that was!

I drove it home expecting the seat to tip over, the radio to quit and with windshield to fall out. Instead I got the dashboard rattle and the odd 'clonking' from the front driver-side corner. Both come and go and as long as I can find the volume control on the radio, I can live with it for a while!

235 miles on it and it's w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-ll.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts