Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove thru the touchless wash yesterday and it did a good job. No worries about scratches. The only bummer is that the car is so tall. I'm only 5'2". I just drove around and let it air dry.

It's true that the water just flies out the nook and crannies when you take it for a drive after a wash. So today, after it's completely dry, I went over it with a cotton towel to get rid of the water spots.

Then after reading the other threads, I went over the inside with Meguiars rubber and vinyl protector. It UV protectant. It was a little bit of work with all the plastic and rubber parts. I started out with paper towels. Big mistake. It doesn't spread or wipe up in between the nubby parts. Then, I spread liberally with one towel and wiped up excess with another. Much easier. It took about an hour. It gleams but doesn't shine like greasy stuff. So it looks pretty good.

Very pleased with the results. I wanted to put Rainx on the windows. But too tired. i really like that i can just sweep out the floors and use a swiffer.

Where do I get the 303?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the Meguiars also hid the little scuffs and scratches!

·
Registered
33 Posts
[quote:add536c550="LaJollaElement"]

Where do I get the 303?[/quote:add536c550]

I found 303 Aerospace Protectant at a local marine products store. It really works well on the plastics - both inside and out. I use a foam polishing pad as an applicator with good results. I just spray it very lightly on the applicator and wipe it on. The key to success seems to be a light application. Too much, and rain will cause streaks. If this happens, simply go over the plastic again with the applicator. I don't put on any extra liquid on the applicator, the residual seems to be sufficient for streak removal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thankx!

i actually searched a bit online and found the 303 site. they sent me a couple samples that i go in the mail today. will try it out this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts