·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it, I like it a lot.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Gratz, keep us posted on mods and maintenance topics.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gratz, keep us posted on mods and maintenance topics.
just ordered Injen exhaust and CAI, hopefully I will have it by Friday!!!!
I also have a 3/8" recycled tires mat that I intend to install in the back. I work for a flooring supply company and I am getting a 4'x25' roll of the stuff pretty reasonably priced. Employee discount. So I figure to have some left over for other uses as well.It's called ecofitness flooring, it for gym floors made by Burke industries
here is a link to the stuff. http://www.burkeflooring.com/flooring/ecofitness/index.html

I just have to figure out a way to anchor it, but it can't be that hard.I figure I will have enough to make 2 mats one with cutouts for the rear seats and one for no seats, and still have some left over.:-D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Post pics for the Injen install and the mat. I don't think I've seen the Injen stuff installed on a 2010 yet.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post pics for the Injen install and the mat. I don't think I've seen the Injen stuff installed on a 2010 yet.

I will.
Injen had to make the exhaust I ordered on Monday, it was suppose to be done Tuesday. They are in So Cal and I am just a few hundred miles north of them, so hopefully I will have the CAI and exhaust by this weekend.
As for the mat, I was just in our Dublin branch where we happen to have a couple of rolls of the ecofitness mat, and the manager, whom I personally trained, is about to put some behind the counter and write the roll out of inventory. I told him I would be taking a 6 foot cut off of that dude. I won't be back there until Monday, but I will have it then.Now all I have to do is get one of the vinyl installers that comes in make a pattern and cut it so I don't have to:-D
It's great to have friends with skills.

pics coming soon.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice idea on the mat. Get some extra and pop out some others to sell. Heck, I would be game.

I will see how it comes out.
I have access to plenty of material!!!
I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Injen exhaust on a 2010:

I had some fitment adjustments to make because it was banging on the muffler heatshield and rear swaybar. I also had to trim more plastic around the stock exhaust tip cutout. I bent the heatshield up in a few spots and used a few more rubber exhaust hangers to limit the movement of the new heavier Injen exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Injen Exhaust fit

Your right I will have to get some additional hangers, or shorter maybe. A bit of trimming on the bumper too.
They shipped me the wrong intake, ordered sp1727blk they sent sp1726blk, DAMN IT!!
I will have to deal with that now. I checked my order and I ordered correctly, the UPS label even said 1727, but NO 1726 was sent.

Since this first posted, I have found some heat shield tape and was able to get the bumper exhaust area covered with it, I also temporarily used some safety wire to pull the back hangers together a little more. Now I have about an inch or two of clearance at the sway bar. I also put some heat shield tape on the sway bar area closest to where the exhaust is, just because I could. I don't have any clearance issues with the heat shield. I will have to find some smaller rubber hangers, but until then I believe my band-aid will hold.Small road trip tomorrow!

·
Registered
480 Posts
You guys should both take some pics and send them to Injen, maybe they can make some adjustments to incorporate in future production.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys should both take some pics and send them to Injen, maybe they can make some adjustments to incorporate in future production.
Since I safety wired the rear hanger to lift it a bit, I haven't had any more issues with the fit. I also check my bumper pretty much every time I drive it for
any signs of melting and the heat shield tape seems to be working GREAT!

Other things I have added are, AVS Bug deflector, AVS window visors front and back, Yokohama TRZ 235/65/16 to get rid of the stock tires. I must say the Yok's are a much nicer ride. And they handle a considerably better. Homemade 3/8 black rubber mat for behind the front seats to tailgate,armrest, Uhaul tow hitch, after market wiring kit and I can't wait for them to reship my Injen CAI!! They just picked up the one they sent wrong today!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CAI and other pic's soon

I just got the correct CAI today and downloaded the instructions. Interesting one of the first things they state is NOT to make it a short ram intake!
I had read some prior posts that people were having problems with them in the short configuration. Obviously it was made to be complete CAI.

Pic's soon hopefully this weekend all will be done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts