Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it looks and feels great....much better improvement over the skinny one (no big news there).

it wasn't difficult at all to install, i did end up cutting the seat fabric, but as soon as i got done the install, i regretted it, because i really didn't need to cut as much as the instructions suggested.

ah well.

bought the armrest from handa-accessories and was here in 8 days.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
nice i like mine
when i cut the fabric i just a LITTLE than folded it inside

I just bought ANOTHER one for my dad's gf's 03 CRV and gonna install that tomorrow night in the dark :) to surprise her for Xmas early :-D

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
gilmour25 said:
Does that block the use of the cup holders? Also, do you need to remove the passenger's armrest?
Gets in the way of the cupholders and seat belt latch somewhat, but it is worth the inconvenience. Besides, it flips up out of the way. Don't need to remove passenger's armrest.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cappucino said:
and it looks and feels great....much better improvement over the skinny one (no big news there).

it wasn't difficult at all to install, i did end up cutting the seat fabric, but as soon as i got done the install, i regretted it, because i really didn't need to cut as much as the instructions suggested.

ah well.

bought the armrest from handa-accessories and was here in 8 days.
Thanks for the heads up Cappucino! I cut just the bare minimum as you implied. Looks great, a snap to install. Thanks again! :-D

·
Moderator Eh?
12,095 Posts
They only cutting i did on mine was two smalls slits to make it easier to put the bolts in.BUt i have seen it done without any cutting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I found the install of the big armrest easy. It took me less than 20 minutes. Two small cuts and that is it took. The armrest does get in the way of the back cupholder. The armrest does swing out of the way very easily. It is one of my favorite additions.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
gilmour25 said:
Doesn't it look weird when sitting next to the stock passenger-side armrest?
no they rest and make a complete "table" so to speak here's a pic

much better for people that are "tall" lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
We got one as a Christmas present...I'm going to install mine in the next couple of days. We have a LX, so I do not have any factory arm rests, so I will have to do a little more cutting. Anyone have any tips for me before I do this?? I'm just going to follow the instructions word for word...I may make my cuts a little smaller, I can always cut more if needed.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
GuestBedroom said:
We got one as a Christmas present...I'm going to install mine in the next couple of days. We have a LX, so I do not have any factory arm rests, so I will have to do a little more cutting. Anyone have any tips for me before I do this?? I'm just going to follow the instructions word for word...I may make my cuts a little smaller, I can always cut more if needed.
might be a little tougher for you since you dont have an existing hole to guide you HOWEVER..... if u need some measurements that i dont recall being supplied in the manual lemme know

·
Registered
119 Posts
Type X said:
no they rest and make a complete "table" so to speak
I must disagree with you here. In your pic it looks ok but in real life the two armrests look downright 'dorky' next to one another. That's my only complaint about mine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Theelements said:
just use your thumb and find where the stud is... then mark it with a sharpee and cut accordingly
Roughly where is the stud? I went poking about gently along where I'd expect it to be, to no avail.

·
Registered
99 Posts
candygram4u said:
Can the armrest with storage be used on the passenger side? Just curious. I suspect it's driver's side only. Thanks!
The storage armrest is big enough for both the driver and passenger to rest their arms on. You can also keep the factory passenger armrest if you have it, they will both fit.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Type X said:
no they rest and make a complete "table" so to speak here's a pic

much better for people that are "tall" lol
I think that this pic might have convinced me, is it really better for tall people? The stock one sucks for me because it isn't long or maybe high enough

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The large armrest does lock in different postions (I use two positions - one parallel to the console and one slightly angled downwards) the height is the same as the stock armrest.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
16 Participants
Blottervet1
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing