Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2009 Black EX 4WD a few weeks ago. (just found this site today)

Added the Black Steel floor mats from Elemmat. Got the complete set (no logo) and the cargo mat as well. Love it!

Will be adding roof rack in the next few months as $ allows.

I'm hoping to add fog lights in the future (a necessity around here). Anyone have any suggestions on fog lights? go OEM or is there something better?

Also, what other "enhancements" are must haves or should be on my list?

Loving it so far. Drives a lot better than my 2003 CRV, more room, better safety features, clam shell back with tailgate, etc.

Previous car was a 2003 CRV, traded it and a "clunker" minivan (Cash for clunkers) on this new Element. Only a few minor gripes. Arm rests are pitifully small and too low, drink holders too shallow - cups want to fall out. Have not really found a use for the cooler - would be better if it was peltier/thermoelectric powered like some of those small Igloo or Coleman coolers are. Maybe that will be a future project to turn the cooler into a powered cooler...hmmm.

Anyway, Any of you in my local area? Berlin/OC maryland.

Andy

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Are you going to post any pics, or are you going to keep us in suspense??? :mad:

Welcome to the EOC, Andy! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
wELcomE! kinda nearby, about 4 hours away...been to the lovely OC a few times for vaycay...this site is addicting!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome! :D (the '09 is Crystal Black Pearl by the way...not Nighthawk)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picking mine up on Tuesday

Hello all. I'm brand new to this forum and will look around so I can try to avoid asking questions that have already been discussed. I'm an American living in Calgary, Canada. I bought my 2009 EX today (Black) and I'm picking it up Tuesday :) I love cars (and motorcycles) and love customizing them so I'm looking forward to reading posts of what you all have done with yours. Sorry if this has been discussed but I'd like to try to figure out the answer before taking delivery. I'll be having an electric sunroof put in. I was going to have the dealer add a roof rack. Should I have the roof rack put on before the sunroof is done or after? Or does it matter? Also, I asked the dealer to install a hood air deflector (lots of gravel on the roads here) and the salesperson said the only one they have is acrylic. Anyone know where I can get a chrome one? Thanks for anything you can tell me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello all. I'm brand new to this forum and will look around so I can try to avoid asking questions that have already been discussed. I'm an American living in Calgary, Canada. I bought my 2009 EX today (Black) and I'm picking it up Tuesday :) I love cars (and motorcycles) and love customizing them so I'm looking forward to reading posts of what you all have done with yours. Sorry if this has been discussed but I'd like to try to figure out the answer before taking delivery. I'll be having an electric sunroof put in. I was going to have the dealer add a roof rack. Should I have the roof rack put on before the sunroof is done or after? Or does it matter? Also, I asked the dealer to install a hood air deflector (lots of gravel on the roads here) and the salesperson said the only one they have is acrylic. Anyone know where I can get a chrome one? Thanks for anything you can tell me.
Congrat on the new E.
I would wait until sunroof is done to install roof rack, but I think it should not matter too much since our E's roof rack mount is on the edge trimming area. I assume sunroof won't be that wide.
Where are you going to install sunroof, front or back?
You do know 2009 EX/SC E has long overhead storage compartment extended from front to middle of the roof, included 3 overhead pockets, map lights, dome light, switches, & microphone for Navi if you have Navi, right?
This overhead compartment pretty much cover over all the middle section of front passenger roof. It also has a curved down roof lining near the compartment. Unless you decide to ditch it & may also have to build custom roof lining, the only place left for sunroof is at the back, which will mean electric sunroof you install will have to move to the front, or one of these sunroof pop out externally.
This is overhead compartment looks like. You should be able to see the curve down roof lining around the compartment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the detailed reply. Yes, I think I will put the sunroof in the back. I like the air flow and don't necessarily need it right overhead. Sunroofs are important to me mostly because I have a 100 pound old english sheepdog and when I leave him in the vehicle I can leave the sunroof open instead of the windows down. (No one is going to be able to pull him out through the sunroof!) The E back window as vents are great for this too. I think maybe they originally put the sunroof in the back in anticipation of the pet friendly edition. I have heated Wet Okole seat covers on other vehicles and love them so will probably do the same for the E. I hear you guys like pics so I'll post them as I go. Here it is, still on the showroom floor yesterday......

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Let us know which brand of electrical sunroof you plan on install at the back.
I am interested in a electrical pop up roof at the back also. It will be great to be able just popup with a touch of button. most of time I found myself needing more fresh air when I am driving, & manual popout rear window or manual popup roof just not going to work w/o stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there a general preferance for the black or citrus fire?

Exactly. Pulling over to open back vent windows is not going to work for me so that's why the electric sunroof. I'll post pics and details as that unfolds. Meanwhile..... I'm usually quite decisive but for some reason today I want the "orange" one. (Citrus Fire Metallic). The dealer is closed today and tomorrow and I'm supposed to take delivery (of the black one!) on Tuesday afternoon. I left them a message seeing if I can switch..... Can't believe I just did that. Either way will be okay.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sunroofs are important to me mostly because I have a 100 pound old english sheepdog and when I leave him in the vehicle I can leave the sunroof open instead of the windows down.
I cannot say this enough: Sunroof or not, DO NOT leave your dog in the vehicle. Ever.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Hey Andy...!!!

Welcome... I guess Marse "poached" your thread (but welcome to you too Marse)... Hope your rigs give you both many years of service and enjoyment...!

LBD

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it. Switched from Black to CFM

Hello all. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was taking delivery of a 2009 black EX. I've always been into the black and chrome thing. Well... I just like the CFM color enough that I asked the dealer to change the deal from black to CFM. Finding a CFM 2009 in Alberta this late in the year took a week or so, but I got it Friday. :) Had the roof rack put on. There's a lot of gravel on the roads here so I was going to have an aftermarket hood deflector installed by the dealer (it seemed sturdier than the Honda one, and more squared off) but when I picked up the E they told me the aftermarket one they'd shown me turned out to be for an 08 and it wouldn't fit right. 09 deflector is ordered and will go on this week. Also has rustproofing, fabric protector, splash guards, block heater and Richochet film. (Harsh winters here!) I've had Wet Okole seat covers on other vehicles and have them on order. They'll take 2 or 3 weeks to get here though. They're heated. We couldn't find a CFM left in these parts with Navi so I'm looking to find someone in Calgary to sell and install Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT asap. If anyone has this head unit and doesn't like it I'd really appreciate knowing. And I am seriously looking into sunroof. Willing to forfeit roof console but we'll see.... I've read a lot of your posts and want to say thanks for all the valuable info. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it. Switched from Black to CFM

Hello all. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was taking delivery of a 2009 black EX. I've always been into the black and chrome thing. Well... I just like the CFM color enough that I asked the dealer to change the deal from black to CFM. Finding a CFM 2009 in Alberta this late in the year took a week or so, but I got it Friday. :) Had the roof rack put on. There's a lot of gravel on the roads here so I was going to have an aftermarket hood deflector installed by the dealer (it seemed sturdier than the Honda one, and more squared off) but when I picked up the E they told me the aftermarket one they'd shown me turned out to be for an 08 and it wouldn't fit right. 09 deflector is ordered and will go on this week. Also has rustproofing, fabric protector, splash guards, block heater and Richochet film. (Harsh winters here!) I've had Wet Okole seat covers on other vehicles and have them on order. They'll take 2 or 3 weeks to get here though. They're heated. We couldn't find a CFM left in these parts with Navi so I'm looking to find someone in Calgary to sell and install Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT asap. If anyone has this head unit and doesn't like it I'd really appreciate knowing. And I am seriously looking into sunroof. Willing to forfeit roof console but we'll see.... I've read a lot of your posts and want to say thanks for all the valuable info. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Resistance is futile...prepare to be assimilated!
Welcome to our little E world!

·
Registered
262 Posts
That color does look good. Congratulations. Front bumper looks a little bland without the fog lights, are they in your plan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kenwood 7140 and fog lights

Yes. Fog lights, but first I have new head unit on order. Going with Kenwood 7140 and back-up camera with Sirius. Has anyone done a good looking light bar on roof? And yes, I do love the E already. I had a 2006 Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 L hemi that I really liked...... but feeding that engine got tiresome and the leather seats, etc. are not practical here in the snow and muck of Calgary winters. The E is much roomier. Does someone sell square or rectangular fog lights for the front bumper? Awaiting delivery of seat covers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts