Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from driving my new SOP 4WD EX home from the dealer. I bought it in the Chicago area. I live in Arkansas. I love the car. Everything works perfectly. The dealer did an inspection to make sure everything works properly and I have no complaints. The hatch closes, there are no rattles, the seats don't rock, etc. :D

I exchanged waves/nods with another element owner in the Chicago area before leaving town. I've had people point at me, tailgate or speed up to look at the car, and some kids laughed at it (while pointing). I had to drive it 500 miles with the cruise control off and varying my speed to get it home because the trip home WAS the break in period.

While loading some furniture in the back, my husband kneeled over the spare tire cover and cracked the back of it, and within 10 miles of home something hit the windshield and I heard a loud crack, and sure enough, when I got home and inspected the windshield there is a chip right at the very top driver's side with a six inch crack running down from it! :cry:

Despite the problems (which, thanks to this forum, were not totally unexpected), I still am really glad I bought one. I just love it and I can't wait to show it off to everyone as soon as I scrape all the bugs off the front and get the windshield fixed! :?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations! Glad to hear you had no bad experiences on the first BIG trip (other than the well-known spare tire cover and windshield, both of which I'm expecting Honda to work out). I'm hoping to drive my Element home this week, if it shows up at the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts