Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Element (a silver Y package 2WD 5spd). This vehicle is nothing short of outstanding. I can't believe the room. It is HUGE inside. My dog loves the thing.

I had to wait some time before delivery. I ordered the thing January 30 and it was delivered April 28th. It worked out OK though because the snow and the salt have gone. I am going to get it rust proofed at Krown. We have owned Honda's since 1994 and they have been great cars. If you take the time to do the regular maintenance the things will go forever.

Interesting thing with the "E" at my dealer. They have gone to synthetic oil. They are recommending longer intervals between oil changes as a result. Anybody else have this experience?

My only complaint with the vehicle is that it really lacks any sort of hidden storage. A centre console would be nice and there are some after market ones available. I don't know why they didn't give the passenger seat an armrest. It would be nice to have one. Also I think that you have to be careful of the floor over the spare tire. It is very flimsy and if you stand on it it will probably break. It would probably be a good idea to replace that floor with some diamond plate aluminum. I am going to see if I can get a piece cut that will replace the plastic.

JDC :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats on your new E

Use a tarp or thick blanket under the spare tire cover to fill in the empty space. If the cover can't bend, it can't break.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats!!

Welcome to the club! I see you're from TO...what was the dealership you went to?

Be sure to wave if you see us around, we're in a 5sp SOP Y 2WD.

Ciao!
Bren

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congratulations! No doubt you'll be having a blast right about now.
I was in St Catharines on the weekend and a woman stopped in the middle of a green light to tell me how cool my SOPYAWD was.

Hope to see you on the road or at an EFest soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts