Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 68 year old retiree who needed a vehicle just to haul my bikes (inside) and grandkids. I usually haul a bike about every where I go, around Florida, or across the country to Colorado in summer. I've had Ford Explorers, and they are fine, but really needed something a tad taller in the cargo area. Explorers use too much fuel also. A mini van would work OK for me, but are larger than what I need. And take up more of my garage space than I like. I have observed Elements for several years, and just finally decided this "funky" simple reliable (relatively cheap) vehicle is just what I needed for my use. Having other vehicles with most of the "bells and whistles", the 2WD EX had all the options I need. Only complaint is the light colored interior of our PMM model. But I can keep it clean enough. So far am loving how this thing drives and serves my needs. It will not be a garage queen, I plan to use it.

I have been prowling this site for some time, and decided to register and participate. It seems to be a fine forum, with members conducting themselves well. Very informational as well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome aboard! You are going to absolutely love your Element. I've had mine for 4 and a half months so far and it's easily one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. This place is a wealth of knowledge. I've personally learned quite a bit about the vehicle and any modifications I've made.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome to the club! As you have already found out, this forum has a lot of great info and the E-ple here are just great! I am sure you will enjoy your vehicle more and more every day. :eoc: :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome. PMM is the best color, of course.

I am also not a fan of the light interior and the ugly seat pattern. My seat has actually turned light blue from my jeans. I wish Honda would have just stuck with old, black seats, like the ones my father has in his 06. Plus a lot of the light plastic paneling is already showing a lot of dirt after three months of ownership.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am so glad I was the influence on this purchase!!!! We will have to get an Orlando Meet going again!! Don't forget to order an EOC sticker and get that bad boy on that back window for all to see!!!!! You should bring it by sometime so our E's can hang out! lol :grin:

As for the interior color, I originally wanted a Tangerine Metallic, but then saw the beige interior....so I quickly opted for the Kiwi with charcoal interior. I*heart* my E!

·
Registered
510 Posts
"It seems to be a fine forum, with members conducting themselves well" guess i havent been doing my job well... :lol:

I think its kind of nice not having all the "bells and whistles" factory installed which tend to break.

Welcome, take off your pants and stay a while ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Options

I think its kind of nice not having all the "bells and whistles" factory installed which tend to break.
______________________________________________________-

I dont need all those bells and whistles either and thats why I like
the E also

I've had mine two weeks now and really like it.

Plus 26.6 MPG's half road and half city driving

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. The basic nature of this practical useful vehicle, and it's simplicity, is a big part of it's appeal. It also helps keep the price relatively low....as vehicles go. I do think I will need to get a new hands free phone thingy. I don't like to use an ear piece, and my old visor mounted unit (which I never thought had enough volume control) may not work so well since the visor in the E is considerably farther away from the driver than the previous vehicle it was in. Do any of you have a suggestion for a good basic inexpensive visor mounted unit that works well? Or something better, that's simple and inexpensive?

·
Registered
510 Posts
my answer to that would be a full new in dash headunit like my old blaupunkt hamberg mp57(maybe thats right) it had a bluetooth hands free part where the voice is heard over the speakers in the car. But that was when i had the LX. course i dont like the cheap hands free standalone units. although i am sure there are others out there that use em.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do any of you have a suggestion for a good basic inexpensive visor mounted unit that works well? Or something better, that's simple and inexpensive?
I am using a BlueAnt Supertooth Lite speakerphone I got on amazon.com. It's a visor clip-on unit and it's worked great for a few years now. Two of my co-workers liked it so much they bought also, and are very happy with theirs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts