Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There!
Just got our new Polished Metallic 2009 Element LX this afternoon! I am very excited to become a member of a new E.
Absolutely great experience with local dealer.

PC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
The skies were falling at the delivery, so I did get a chance to take the first pix. Will come soon..

Drive safe,

PC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me too!

My EX 4WD AT (Omni) is just a few weeks new as well and I LOVE it! So zippy and fun to drive. No worries about dog hair and messy kids who have tons of leg room now. Back seat visibility is the BEST ever! The one problem is this weird whistle sound coming from the the dashboard/wind shield once I hit 50+ mph. It sounds like a high pitched vibration and is very unnerving. However, when I squirt wiper cleaner fluid the noise goes away. I've already used a gallon of windshield cleaner! Anyone know about this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My EX 4WD AT (Omni) is just a few weeks new as well and I LOVE it! So zippy and fun to drive. No worries about dog hair and messy kids who have tons of leg room now. Back seat visibility is the BEST ever! The one problem is this weird whistle sound coming from the the dashboard/wind shield once I hit 50+ mph. It sounds like a high pitched vibration and is very unnerving. However, when I squirt wiper cleaner fluid the noise goes away. I've already used a gallon of windshield cleaner! Anyone know about this problem?
There's some sort of silent recall on it, you should be able to take it to your dealer & get them to look into any recalls. Something about filling in the airspace behind the front wind shield gasket with silicone.

Just got my new LX 4WD E last week... very happy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There's some sort of silent recall on it, you should be able to take it to your dealer & get them to look into any recalls. Something about filling in the airspace behind the front wind shield gasket with silicone.

Just got my new LX 4WD E last week... very happy.
Is this for all 09's? Certain colors? EX only?

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's for all. If you get a whistle while driving call your dealer.
I believe the whistle while driving is caused by an incorrectly installed a-pillar trim according to several other threads on here. Is this specific to the 09? I actually tried prying the trim off but then looked in the service manual and it says parts break and need replacing when you do that. But, I got it a little separated and pushed it back in and no more whistling. Who knows how long it will last, but i'm not complaining.... yet!

If it starts up again I will get my window replaced so someone else has to fix the whistle if it happens again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No worries about dog hair? My interior is covered in my basset's hair, but I don't worry about it-it's his car, too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is for 1Gretch Whistle sound problem

Whistle sound is probably the rubber seal on the front windshield go to a windshield place and they will do a pressure test it for leaks. I had that happen with mine a whistle sound and water was drips in the passenger side. But I got it fixed and I'm goon now. Free of charge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My 09 had same whistle...took it to the dealer and was fixed within an hour...There is a Technical Service Bulletin out about this...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts