Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO TO ALL OF MY FELLOW ELEMENT OWNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD

I BOUGHT MY ELEMENT ON JUNE 7, 2003 AND IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I COULD MAKE ON A CAR. NOT ONLY DOES IT LOOK COOL BUT IT DRIVES SO WELL DESPITE BEING ONLY A 4 CYLINDER.

I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND CHECK IT ALMOST DAILY. CERTAINLY MOST OF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAY THAT. I'VE ONLY REGISTERED RECENTLY.

I JUST INSTALLED THE ROOF RACK, SURFBOARD ATTACHMENT, AND KEYLESS ENTRY ON MY OWN. VERY EASY. SAVED LOTS OF $$$$ FROM DEALER INSTALLATION PRICES. JUST CAME BACK FROM SURFING TRIP TO SAN ONEFRO NEAR SAN CLEMENTE DOWN SOUTH. THE ELEMENT DROVE EXCEPTIONALLY WELL THOUGH THE GRAPEVINE AND ALL THOSE STEEP HILLS. VERY SURPRISED AND GLAD I BOUGHT THIS CAR.

ALTHOUGH SOME OF THE STARES GET ANNOYING SOMETIMES I HAVE TO ADMIT THE ATTENTION IS GOOD. DRIVING A CAR THAT NOT ONLY LOOKS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DRIVING BUT A CAR THAT WILL SET STANDARDS FROM OTHERS IS REASSURING TO KNOW. I THINK EVERYONE WHO OWNS A ELEMENT CAN SHARE A SPECIAL COMMON BOND.

ELEMENTOWNERS.COM REALLY HELPED ME SO MUCH IN NOT ONLY LEARNING ABOUT MY ELEMENT BUT ALSO HOW TO TREAT MY PLASTIC PANELS.

WORD OF ADVICE TO THOSE WHO CAN'T DECIDE BETWEEN ARMORALL AND VINYLEX.... THE OBVIOUS WINNER IS VINYLEX MADE BY LEXOL. IT COSTS AROUND $9.00 AND YOU CAN BUY IT AT PEP BOYS. IT NOT ONLY PROTECTS YOUR PANELS FROM THE HARSH SUN BUT MAKES IT LOOK SO MUCH SHINIER THAN ARMORALL. ARMORALL HAS SILICONE THAT WILL DAMAGE YOUR PANELS BY FADING OVER TIME. IT'S WORTH THE MONEY TO INVEST IN VINYLEX. I'M TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

·
Registered
26 Posts
:?: Am seriously considering a roof rack myself for my E. It won't be for surfing, but for hauling stuff... plywood, luggage on trips, etc.
Can you tell me what type of roof rack you used (brand, model, etc). Can yours be adapted for utilitarian use vs surfboards ? Cost ???

Thanks
brooks

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Order it from H and A if you want the Honda Roof Rack, install it yourself....it really couldn't be easier....12 screws and you are done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts