Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just bought the 3in lift kit...how big of tires are you guys running? i am keeping stock 16" wheels...let me know please!!!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
If you are sticking with the stock wheels I would recommend looking at two sizes. The 235/70R16 may be a good choice. These are about 1" taller than the stock tires and about .75" wider. With your lift these should bolt up without any issues. If you want to push the limits you may be able to run a 225/75R16. This size is about 1.6" taller and about 1.2" wider. This size may require a little fender liner modification to clear in the front when turning.

Let us know if we can help you with a set of tires. We would love to earn your business.

-Travis

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Since you are not changing the strut towers, the lift does not give you more clearance for tires. 235/70/16 or 225/75/16 are the largest practical tires, lift or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
no lift yet ... waiting to hear of any horor story's.

but i have had 2 sets of 225/75/16 on my E & have had no problems & have over 80,000 miles with that size tire ... i am now on 132,000 miles on my E

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Why do you want to push the tire size limit?

Don't forget that increasing the tire diameter reduces the torque that you apply to the ground.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Running a spacer may actually make it harder to run a larger tire. Think of your wheel wells as bowl shaped. You want to keep the wheel and tire in the deepest part of the bowl.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The spacer would give more clearance relative to the top of the strut tower, but make it more likely that the tire will hit the back of the front fender liner when the steering is turned.

There have been lots of threads that talk about fitting tires, and where they might rub.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I understand the desire for large tires. It looks great and gives additional ground clearance. Unfortunately, the E can only handle so much, and a 3" lift is not that big.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well lift is on...and looks great...will post some pics soon.....but i need to know... is it a positive for sure that 225/75r16 will fit w/o rubbing? because i am ordering tires tomorrow

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure exactly yet...but going with either BFG's.... General Grabber or Yokohama...cant remember the Model but all these are aggressive tread tires...not all out mudders but something with some nice tread...but size will be 225/75r16 as long as it will clear...but i dont mind beating in the wheel well a bit to make it fit.

·
1,049 Posts

I ran BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO in 225/75/16 on the wife's E with no rubbing issues at all.

I also ran Kumho Road Venture MT KL71s in 225/75/16 with no rubbing issues.

I don't think you will find a bigger tire in a 225/75/16 than either one of those two.

Order the tires in 225/75/16 and enjoy them. :)

P.S. The wife's E DID NOT require any fender mods to handle this size tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts