Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals,

I bought my E end of last year from Honda dealer, 2004 EX AWD with 72k mileage. I signed up with Honda user link, i think that's what it called.

Anyway, the E is great, my wife is the one that mainly uses it so not much used since she is a housewife. Now the E has around 80K and we're going on vacation... not too far about 1500 miles roundtrip... I have changed the oil and check all fluids... tires are good (got new ones when we bought it)

Th E doesnt really have maintenance record on it... is there anything else that i need to check?

Thanks in advanced...

·
Registered
234 Posts
look at the belt for cracks/wear. maybe get the battery tested. look at the air filter to see if its dirty. really as long as the fluids are all good and the coolant is topped up you should be good. You could be really crazy and pull a spark plug! No dont do that you'll be fine. Oh yeah check the tire pressure! Lots of people never do this! includeing your spare!!! You never know. I like to run the fronts at 34 and the rear at 36 and check when cold in the morning. Also a good idea to have a flashlight, jumper cables, ect. in the car and a blanket in the winter. I once got stuck on a snow covered mountain at night in north idaho and my flashlight was dead!!! I had a few granola bars and a flathead screw driver that I brought with me out of the tool kit mostly to make me feel better as we were in bear country. That was a scary 8 mile hike! So do bring atleast a flashlight! I also bring a large pistol now when ventureing into bear country but I think in GA your good.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If it hasn't been done in last two years I would change all fluids besides the oil. That includes brake and power steering fluid.

Brake fluid should be flushed every two years unless you live in really humid climate and I would change the AT fluid every 50k or so.

You can change the power steering fluid yourself with a turkey baster and some new fluid.

Fred

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The rear diff fluid has prolly never been changed. It takes 1.1 qts of Honda Dual Pump II fluid and you can fill it with a bottle pump, turkey baster or a long hose. I've been changing mine every 20k since the life span of the fluid seems to be around 30k before the diff starts to growl when making tight low speed turns.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks guys.... I am going to check the belts and as far as fluids; breaks, power steering, rear diff and trans, I plan to change it after I come back. I know the trans fluid is still ok but rear diff might need to be changed.

Battery is good, I just replaced it last year. Again thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts