Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an 09 EX, AWD, MT in polished metal metalic. Out the door cost is 21,371 except for DMV costs. Should this vehicle be operated in any specific way for the first 500 miles? Is there a break in period? I am not sure the dealer will be able to find it in that color. He was asking me about my second choice color. I told him I didn't have one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just ordered an 09 EX, AWD, MT in polished metal metalic. Out the door cost is 21,371 except for DMV costs. Should this vehicle be operated in any specific way for the first 500 miles? Is there a break in period? I am not sure the dealer will be able to find it in that color. He was asking me about my second choice color. I told him I didn't have one.
Good luck...I searched the whole East Coast for that exact vehicle. I finally found 1 at a dealership in Ohio after searching for a month. They flew me out to pick it up. Then I had a 500 mile ride home...time to enjoy the ride! The PMM is definitely worth the wait! You won't be disappointed! My advice would be to go search on sites like vehix.com, etc. to look at many other dealerships. Most salesman will only look at dealerships they trade with. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Break in period you should not use the cruise control - this would cause the engine to run at a specific RPM for a prolonged period of time. During break in you should vary your RPMs to allow the seals to seat themselves. Do this for the first 600 miles, 1000 miles to be safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say vary the rpms, how much variation do you mean? during the first 1000 miles can you use it on the highway for a long trip as long as you do not use the cruise control?

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
When you say vary the rpms, how much variation do you mean? during the first 1000 miles can you use it on the highway for a long trip as long as you do not use the cruise control?
There is some good info in the owners manual you can read once you get
your vehicle. I think the break in period is only 600 miles. I did it for 1K
just to make sure. To answer you question, yes, you can drive on the
freeway for extended periods of time, just vary your speed. Go 60 mph
for 5 minutes, then go 70 mph, then go 65, etc etc. It wont be difficult.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Post some pictures when it arrives !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts