Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I just want to say THANK YOU to all your messages on this board. I've been pouring through them for a month now ever since I decided to buy my Element. I wouldn't have known several crucial things if I hadn't learned from all your experiences.

I got what I feel is a great deal on my vehicle. I was going to hold out for the Manual Tranny 4WD but I had been reading that automatics are a bit kinder if you are trailering and I am planning on pulling my PWC with my Element. I got the SOP 4WD EX with: Splashguards/Roof Rack/Door Visiors/Remote Entry/Tailgate Deflector for $21,250

Maybe not rock bottom but pretty good as far as I'm concerned. I started with emails to all my friends asking for dealer referrals. Settled on one and went there for my test drive. Spent time with the salesman and made him understand I was serious. He gave me a figure and I left. Went to the Honda site and found all the online dealers I would be willing to drive to. (about 15 in the Pittsburgh + 50 mi. vicinity) I started emailing them all the same message: I was ready to buy, I was not going to pay sticker, I knew what I wanted. A few never responded. A few gave me the "this car is too hot to deal" attitude. About 5 contacted me with promise. I went back and forth with them on their best prices. Got it down to where I felt I would drive to one of them and then did the polite thing and called back my original salesperson to give him 'first right of refusal'. He flat out said he would beat any deal I had gotten. And he did!

I gave him a deposit over the phone and my SOP should be here in a few weeks. They had just gotten in a bunch today but no 4WD SOP. This way - I get a call the week it is coming in and hopefully it will avoid all the test drives.

Anyway - I couldn't have done all this without this board. I felt well-researched, savvy and good. I thank you all. If anyone wants a goor dealer referral in Pittsburgh - call Tom McGibbeny at Dean Honda in West Mifflin.

NOW - where do we find all the Honda Element apparel etc.?

·
Registered
55 Posts
the wait will be horrible..mine just arrived last night in less then 2 weeks! ebay is a good start I found for looking at stuff!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts