Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my redneck teardrop trailer and I am pretty stoked.

It is super light, around 450 pounds, I can push it around by myself easily.

I know I know the hitch rake is off. This was just the picking up of it. I have a higher hitch mount for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like an old Ford Courier box? Anyway, good job and nice looking E.

·
Registered
622 Posts
instead of raising the hitch height, drop the trailer. if it is spring over axle, then maybe you can make it spring under for an easy drop. if not, next easiest would be drop blocks. smaller tires? can't tell how much space you got between the hitch and when dropping the tailgate. doesn't look like much

if it still has the gas tank attached, maybe you can use that to store extra fuel. if it had the same wheel bolt pattern as the element, then you can share wheels, but it is 6 lug. wheel adaptors? thought about pulling one of these behind my toyota a while back

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
instead of raising the hitch height, drop the trailer. if it is spring over axle, then maybe you can make it spring under for an easy drop. if not, next easiest would be drop blocks. smaller tires? can't tell how much space you got between the hitch and when dropping the tailgate. doesn't look like much

if it still has the gas tank attached, maybe you can use that to store extra fuel. if it had the same wheel bolt pattern as the element, then you can share wheels, but it is 6 lug. wheel adaptors? thought about pulling one of these behind my toyota a while back
It's actually on a trailer frame. It has spent its whole life as a trailer from the factory. Bought it from the 2nd owner who was friends with the first owner. Its not a spring over axle frame, leaf spring frame. The wheels are 15" with 225/75's on it. I don't think i can lower it anymore, which is fine, I pull it with multiple vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts