Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Ive been reading this forum for a while as I shopped along for my Element. I finally found one perfectly within my range and jumped on the deal. I got a 2005 E 5MT in Black. Ill post pictures and such when I pick it up tomorrow(stupid bank closed before we could get all the paperwork done.)
As I saved for my down payment I looked for deals on all the things I knew i wanted and got them as I found them discounted. So... Ive got alot of wrenching to do. Hopefully Ill get a decent amount of it done this weekend because its pouring down rain.
I did have one question that I couldn't find a definitive answer on.
When I install my remote start do I NEED a bypass unit or can I strap my valet key to the inside of the ignition?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm i intalled my HIDs and bullbar today without a hitch... more or less but when i was trying to do some research on installing a remote start on a MT i found that everyone is saying its more or less impossible. Could anyone confirm this?
its a python 1400xpl

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
M/T + Remote start = No NO !

I don't believe the company the remote start is from will help you with the install. They don't list it for your Transmission type.

I assume you went through this thread.

Dom

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the group
Proof of ownership is in the pictures...............

·
Registered
873 Posts
welcome to the zombie zone !!!! :razz:jojo will be your tour guide through thick & thin,just watch out for her rolling pin !!!:shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M/T + Remote start = No NO !

I don't believe the company the remote start is from will help you with the install. They don't list it for your Transmission type.

I assume you went through this thread.

Dom
Yea thats where i heard about the mt and the remote start conflict
guess ive got a NIB remote start up for grabs 200 OBO shipped

ill post over in the trading post when i hit five posts lol

Welcome to the group
Proof of ownership is in the pictures...............
haha indeed ill probably post pictures tomorrow. been having too much fun driving around showing off...

ive got "blinglights foglights" coming in the mail as well was a hood air deflector and a "broadway mirror" too
if you guys havnt used the convex broadway mirrors youre missing out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, heres the "proof"

ive still got hood and window deflectors coming in and "bling lights"...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just an update but i installed a bug deflector today.

tip: the holes that you attach it to are hidden behind the big rubber gasket thats along the inside front edge of the hood...

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
You CAN install your remote start with an MT, but you need to disable the neutral safety switch which I would strongly advise against. It would mean verifying you were in neutral and setting your parking brake every time you get out of the E. The first time you forget, you'll probably be posting some nice carnage pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You CAN install your remote start with an MT, but you need to disable the neutral safety switch which I would strongly advise against. It would mean verifying you were in neutral and setting your parking brake every time you get out of the E. The first time you forget, you'll probably be posting some nice carnage pics.
even though i always do that, i think ill play it safe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he beat me to it ya can install da remote starter but neutral is where ya got to leave it with park brake on.well welcome to da cult...:grin:
hah thanks, good to be here

i installed window air deflectors today. easy as pie.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another update:

installed my window deflectors and got my broadway mirror in the mail today.
I dont know if this has been discussed but "Broadway" mirrors are really nice, they clip directly on the existing mirror and provide far superior view. Id recommend them to anyone who is even mildly concerned about our small mirrors. Even though its somewhat of a "ricer" thing...
This is the 300mm convex version they only run about $20, much cheaper than fixing a rear bumper because you didnt have one!
The picture was taken from just about where your head would be in the drivers seat.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts