Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 EX-P via a Car Broker from a Honda Dealership. It arrived without a keyless entry remote. I don't know if it was lost or what. My car broker told me we could get an alarm installed cheaper than it would cost to get a keyless remote from a Honda dealer. This brings up two questions:

1. Is my Element already equipped to have a keyless remote and I just don't have it, or did some of them come without keyless entry as an option? Also, there is a blinking red LED light on the bottom left driver's side panel which I assume would be an "alarm" light of some sort. Perhaps not? If so maybe it's already set up to have a keyless entry?

2. If it's possible to get a replacement remote has anyone attempted to order one from one of the many third-party sites on the internet for doing so? It seems considerably cheaper and hopefully would be easy enough to set up oneself.

Love to hear your feedback. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I believe ALL Elements after 05 came with keyless entry standard.
You mentioned that it came from a Honda dealer, if it was a Certified
Honda used car, it SHOULD have come with two remotes and three
keys, two regular black top keys, and one red top valet key.

The red LED brings up two quesitons.

1) The OEM alarm system tells you to put the LED on top of the steering
wheel, on the plastice between the steering wheel and the dash. So, is
this that LED and do you have the OEM alarm system?

2) If it is an aftermarket alarm, how do you turn it off?? If it is blinking,
and you open the door with your key, is an alarm going off?? Check
under the hood, if there is a siren/horn that looks out of place, there
is an aftermarket alarm.

I know, that last one was more than one question, so sue me.
As far as Honda remotes, you can get them pretty cheap, way cheaper
than an aftermaket alarm!!! Do a search for remote or keyless, see what
comes up.

I hope this helps. Let us know what happens.

PS, WELCOME!!!! :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have purchased 2 remotes from e-bay, both used, for around $13 shipped each. They come with instructions on how to program them and you don't need a working remote to do it, the Element does it. They both work great, no problems at all. I'd buy one, go through the instructions and see if it works. I bet it will. You may need to find someone else on this forum with your year/model (mine is a 2007) to make sure you get the right remote though, there is more than one out there that works with the E. You will need to know the serial number off the back.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 EX-P via a Car Broker from a Honda Dealership. It arrived without a keyless entry remote. I don't know if it was lost or what. My car broker told me we could get an alarm installed cheaper than it would cost to get a keyless remote from a Honda dealer. This brings up two questions:

1. Is my Element already equipped to have a keyless remote and I just don't have it, or did some of them come without keyless entry as an option? Also, there is a blinking red LED light on the bottom left driver's side panel which I assume would be an "alarm" light of some sort. Perhaps not? If so maybe it's already set up to have a keyless entry?

2. If it's possible to get a replacement remote has anyone attempted to order one from one of the many third-party sites on the internet for doing so? It seems considerably cheaper and hopefully would be easy enough to set up oneself.

Love to hear your feedback. Thanks!
What you are describing sounds like just a blinking LED that comes one whenever the key is turned off. these are easy to wire up and if you dont have a transmitter to arm the system with if the likely solution. You may also have an aftermarket alarm that is in "valet" mode, but the LED would more than likely be on solid not blinking whenever the car was off. Most installers i have noticed put the alarm brain up high in the driver kickpanel behind the dash as the is where you can grab almost every wire from the lovely little honda factory security prewire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts