Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks like one of those oversized wheels matchbox cars at Walmart, I kinda like it but the braking and handling and gas mileage and performance all just took a dive off a 10000000ft cliff.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
AMAZING!!! only question I have is does it steer and how much of the inner wheel well did you have to cut out? Drew.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol

yea it handles better i guess cuz of the wider wheel and better tires. the mpg deff went down im lucky to get 240 to a taank now. as far as stopping im sure it has changed it but i cant tell a diffrence. didnt trim anythiing :) had to heat up and bend the front spring perch or whatever u wanna call it up about 2in other then that works fine i can cut the wheel all the way if i need to but i do need to do a little trimming it does rub just a tad but i just take my tyime and now am making alot more 3 point turns lol pays to be diffrent

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Meh I think it looks silly. What happens when you turn and hit a bump at the same time? The panel will probably pop off.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
props for doing it first but it's just too much wheel for my tastes.

I hope your streets are pothole free... :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm not in love with it either, but I have to say it will look better with some modded headlights and clear side markers. Maybe just a little too bling for a stock E?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't get it either, but taste is a very individual thing.

As my mom used to say, "If you like that sort of thing, that's the sort of thing you'd like!"

To show how things change, I had a Mustang SVO that came with 16" wheels in place of the stock 15", and I thought that was pretty rad at the time.

And once I drifted into some "Botts Dots" near Opa Locka Airport and blew out two tires. Be careful with those 24's!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea im thinking i should have gone with a black with a chrome lip it does kinda look a lil gangster. but im clearinf out the corners and back and clear headlights and im hopen to have it pained si blue by xmas time. it really doest rub that back the major issue was clearing the bottom of the spring perch

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love it. :lol: @ donkish (a donk is a 71-76 impala or caprice not a style) Only thing I would would do is add lipstick to the wheels. What size tire did you go with? 275/25/24?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Pretty cool that you went for it and you got them on there.:cool: I'm not a fan of wheels styled like that,as they look way too busy and really don't flow with the overall look of the Element.

·
Registered
79 Posts
lol, check out "jesusboy" on that links comment board

"I've been a honda lover for 18 years & I thought the element was the ugliest thing they made but that thing is off the hook. rims really do make the ride"

then check out paint job on his accord...

big wheels though, hope up like em. im not a chrome fan but you clearly are, so congrads on getting it done

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New paint

I just dropped It off to get painted ;) from the bottom of the windo down will be a deep blood red and from the bottom of the windo up will be black I should have it back monday I will post pics oh I also put in a 08 front grill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts