Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd drop a line, quick introduction, all that jazz. :D

My wife and I just picked up a used `03 EX in SOP (I'm assuming that's the paint code acronym, I know my `03 Si goes by the VBP tag...)

She unfortunately totaled her `99 Nissan Sentra on the way to work at the beginning of last week, and we started looking along the lines of a CR-V. (Family is in the not-too-distant future plans, so we figured small SUV isn't a bad idea.) I'm a Honda guy, always have been, so needless to say, I was happy to hear her interested in my manufacturer of choice.
After determining that the CR-Vs in our area were overpriced for what we were looking at, and, frankly, pretty bland, she spotted our new Honda advertised online at a local dealership, and after a brief initial bout of repulsion, fell in love with it.

We test drove it today, I noticed right off the bat that I much prefer the ride quality/feel as compared to the CR-Vs we'd tested, and we both love the fact that it doesn't scream "soccer-mom" the way the CR-Vs seem to.

So, here we are. I'm already extremely knowledgeable in the realm of K-series engines, so we save money on the back end because I'm excited to have another Honda to work on, and my wife is in love with her new ride.

As I mentioned, I drive an `03 Civic Si, the little bastard offspring of the Si family :D I love wrenching on my car, can't wait to get in to the E, and look forward to learning all I can here. If I can just resist the urge to swap her K24 torque-monster in to my Si, I should be able to stay out of trouble...

First question (and I already searched, please don't flame me yet!):
Where can I score a real, made-of-paper, Honda service manual for the 2003 Honda Element EX? I know that the online manuals exist, and Helms sells the CD version, but to me you just can't beat having the actual bound hard copy at your fingertips for quick reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
LOL, fair enough. We're pretty busy this weekend, but ASAP you'll get your pics. :D

Thanks for the lead on the manual, don't know why I didn't think of HandA, silly of me!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group
By the way, you bought the bestest color !

Post some pictures

have fun

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.