Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a few weeks ago while researching the Element but now I am officially a member of the club :grin:

Its been a bumpy road to get my Element, the seller neglected to tell the broker that it never had the factory AC installed YIKES!! But we managed to locate a system and are going to have it installed shortly.

I am absolutely in love with the vehicle, it is everything I wanted it to be. I got the keys and took off on a 425 mile road trip and short of not having AC she was a dream to drive.

If you looked at my blood under a microscope I'm pretty sure that all of the blood cells would be Honda logos as this is my 6th Honda in twenty years(4 bikes 2 cars). I am replacing my trusty old 96 Civic sedan with over 216k on the clock and it is not being retired but just moving on to another owner.

Well enough of me rambling like a school boy with a crush, hope to get to know y'all and cannot wait to start modifying the E.

John

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Brings back memories of when I bought my 2003 DX. The dealer installed the AC a week after I took it home. I bought speakers and radio for $200 and installed them myself. Since then most of the modifications have been camping oriented - a platform in back, full size spare, and roof rack.

·
Registered
816 Posts
now...welcome to the e.o.c...best of luck with your new E,,best way to break in a used car..is to smoke a big cigar in it...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Congrats on the E

Does the DX come with a radio at all?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. Better photos are forth coming I promise....
Aren't those steel wheels beautiful! :)

The DX did not have a radio or speakers. But it did have the wiring for the 4 door speakers. So installation of a standard aftermarket system is pretty easy. A single DIN unit needs an adapter; mine has a hand storage box in the lower DIN half. The DX has a storage box below the gear shift instead of the sub.

No overhead storage compartment either.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Thanks for the pix. You are NOW official!!!

Thanks for filling out your profile as well.
Just an FYI, the color of your E is Eternal Blue Pearl.
Royal Blue Pearl didnt come out until 08.

Here is a good website for all kinds of info on the E,
besides here of course!! :-D

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/

Thanks to RamblerDan for the above site!!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to be the new patient in the ward :twisted:

Thanks for clearing up the color I was having a hard time figuring it out.

As far as the radio the old lady(literally owned by a little old lady) had the factory HU and 4 speaker system installed. Of course it's days are numbered, the left rear speaker is toast and I want a new HU.

Let the Farkling begin. I don't see the word used here, it is used a lot with motorcycle guys and basically means cool accessory or mod. I think it is a mash up of fun and sparkle.

Oh and here is my other Hondas.

2004 VFR

1987 VFR

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Aren't those steel wheels beautiful! :)
here! here! 8)

i would highly recommend the intermittent wiper mod, and the overhead storage bin. both very useful.

welcome and have fun with your e!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
*uh-hem*... (clearing throat)...

May she provide you with many years of service and enjoyment...! Let the "farkling" begin...!
Nice job on the profile and pictures...!!!

:eoc:
-L B D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have your twin in my driveway. I also bought mine from a little old lady . . . one owner, no radio. I've already installed a Sony CD/DVD in the blank in the dash, JBL front tweets and 6 1/2" JBL's in the front doors. I'm patiently waiting for the rears to get here. I added some steps already as well. Lot's to do but the DX pretty much gave me a blank canvas and I like it. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts