Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run a 235/75 on a 15" rim? Looking at new wheels and a set of all terrains, and I know a 235/70 with fit a 16" rim. Any pics of this set up? Thanks a ton.... ill continue to search the internet to find out

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You will need more back spacing or they will rub on the strut towers. Otherwise I think there are several people running 235s without rubbing issues.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Interested in watching the feedback on this thread.

I have a set of 15" Odyssey steelies that I'm thinking of mounting some type of all-terrains on. I'm partial to the BFG ATs, but I'm having trouble finding the appropriate size; may have to go with BFG Duelers, Geolanders, or General Grabbers. I want to go with a beefier AT, but I don't want it to look too little with the 15s.

290 Posts

If you do a search, you'll find a post about BF Goodrich in 235/70-16 having rubbing issues. That has not been reported with other brands in the same size. With that, maybe your BFG in the 15" size will be OK. Let us know.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
When I get home tonight, (if I remember) I can post pictures of my 15" rims with 30x9.50R-15 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's I've been running for three to four years (memory thing, again). Those tires are the maximum size possible without rubbing, yet on smaller than original equipment rims. I've got 40,000+ miles on them now, and though there's plenty of tread left, they're a bit wider than I'd really prefer for winter driving in the snow we've been getting this season.

I know BFG has an aggressive tire in that size, because the first person who tried 15" rims on the forum had them. I frequently see them on Jeep CJ's around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts