Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
The LX has a single Din Head unit does it not?

However, it should fit. not sure if you will need to get anything additional. Lucky for you the LX doesnt have the factory "amp" messing up your wiring. I am sure if you do a search, you can find plenty of examples here of Double Din head units in LX's.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It will fit no problem, never believe Crutchfield's fit guide. When you remove the stock HU just remove the brackets from either side and put them on the JVC, it should slide right in. There's a ton of room behind the HU so depth won't be a problem either.

Get a good harness (Metra) and hookup should take all of 15-20 minutes. As noted previously, the LX doesn't have a stock amp so the wiring is straightforward. With the phone integration I'm assuming there's a mic to mount to either the steering column or somewhere in the headliner. Getting a wire to the steering column is dead simple. To get to the headliner or rearview mirror you'll have to run across behind the dash to the front pillar, then tuck the wire behind the pillar (shouldn't need to remove it for a small wire) and then tuck up above the headliner as well. You can pull the wire out through the cover at the base of the rearview mirror and mount it where ever you want from there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Thanks guys.

Any opinions on adding an amp to this system? Would it make a big difference and be worth the money and effort? Adding 4 Polk db651s for the speakers.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If youre going to want an amp, install it now. if youre ok with the stock loudness... dont. There are plenty of neat pics of various amp installs all over this forum if you want an idea of placement options.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you really should remove the a-pillar to run your mic cable up (if the headliner area is where you want to put it). if not the wiring could interfere with the side curtian airbags deploying. you should always make sure that the wire runs behind anything like that when routing, and not in front where it could get in the way. the a-pillars have one time use clips. i have had success about half the time when removing the a-pillar in using them again, but they arent that expensive (couple bucks) from honda. i try not to mess around with anything that could mess with safety systems myself. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts