Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an "05 Element and an "05 CRV. Anyone know if the K&N air filters for one will fit the other? I see they have different K&N part numbers and slightly different size measurements on the K&N site but other brand filters, including Honda's, show that those brands can crossover to both models. Will it work for the K&Ns? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
We have an "05 Element and an "05 CRV. Anyone know if the K&N air filters for one will fit the other? I see they have different K&N part numbers and slightly different size measurements on the K&N site but other brand filters, including Honda's, show that those brands can crossover to both models. Will it work for the K&Ns? Thanks in advance for any help.

2003-2006 Element and 2002-2006 Crv all use the same air filter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have them on my Motorcycle and my Pickup and as soon as I need a new filter for the Element. There great. Its the last air filter you will ever need. Got it for that reason. Performance is about the same. Just remember when you recharge the filter and apply the spray on the filter. Don't saturate the media. Do just a light coat. If you put to much on it( and I mean you would have to load it up!) it can get into the h2o sensor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people love 'em...some people hate 'em. I"ll take any gain in mpg I can get. I was just wondering why the K&N air filter size measurements weren't exactly the same for both the element and crv if they do "crossover" in other brands of filters.

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Some people love 'em...some people hate 'em. I"ll take any gain in mpg I can get. I was just wondering why the K&N air filter size measurements weren't exactly the same for both the element and crv if they do "crossover" in other brands of filters.

They should identical measurements. The Honda part number is the same for both.

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you put to much on it( and I mean you would have to load it up!) it can get into the h2o sensor.
yikes :shock: I didn't realize I had a water sensor on my intake!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I stand corrected! Its been a long weekend! GO HAWKS!

·
Registered
49 Posts
When my mom owned my Element I installed a CRV K&N back in '05 when the E was new (no listing at the time for the E) and it fit like a glove. I actually had it out last week for it's anual cleaning and everything looked perfect and clean on the intake side of the filter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thought I'd confirm that the K&N air filters for the '05 element and crv are not the same size. I bought a new element filter, K&N # E-0771, from filtersandintakes.com for a very good price. Diameter was identical to the one I got for our crv but there is a difference in the height/length. Not sure how much or if the difference matters. I had planned on switching them out, new in the crv/"old" in the element, but decided not to do that. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just thought I'd confirm that the K&N air filters for the '05 element and crv are not the same size. I bought a new element filter, K&N # E-0771, from filtersandintakes.com for a very good price. Diameter was identical to the one I got for our crv but there is a difference in the height/length. Not sure how much or if the difference matters. I had planned on switching them out, new in the crv/"old" in the element, but decided not to do that. Thanks for the responses.
That's very strange. When I held the factory '05 Element paper filter up to the '05 CRV K&N they were exactly the same size. Wonder if something has changed since then?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am a new Element owner. I am learning the hard way that it isn't easy to work on these things. I spent about 3 hours trying to get my damn oil filter off. lol

Anyway. My element came with a lot of mods. One of them is the K and N filter. What is the easiest way to get to it to clean it? I noticed I can probably take the bumper plastic off...or maybe take the headlight out. I am looking for the fastest easiest way. I am getting tired of spending too much time on what should be little tasks on this thing.

Thanks! Chad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts