Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. I talked to both of these guys at the SEMA show last week and had a really good conversation with one of the engineers at K&N that seemed very interested in adapting their existing intake to make one that works for the 07-up with the MAF. He told me that they would need 3-4 trucks to test fit and try product in and that all of those that helped would get to keep the intake system for free once testing was done. (which sounds better than some of the guys that want you to PAY "dealer cost" or what ever to keep it after you help them test their product out) I will be talking to my contact there and at Fujata this week and hopefully have a better idea of when they might need people to start comming by for measuring and test fitting. Fujata is in Temecula, CA and K&N is in Riverside, CA so you will need to be close to these areas or willing to drive there for at least a few fitting and testing sessions. I would love to get a free intake but i couldnt be much further away from these guys, so maybe those that get a chance to go and get one could drop the hint that they should give yoda one too. ;-)

stay tunned for more info on this as it develops.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I just put on a k&n sri off my buddies Si and it worked, he gave it to me for free, his car got repoed. I took it off so I can take it in for service and when I am done it will go back on with an extension I made to get the filter to sit on the right side of the battery, I will have $15 into it. I did have to fab up a new mounting bracket and buy a barb fitting to hook up the vc vent hose, so if they are looking for any ideas, tell them to look to their Si intake.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the MAF all lined up properly on it? i think that is the biggest thing for these guys and why you dont see many "rip offs" out there for it. if that is the case then they would just need to impliment the MAF mount off the civic one on to the element one they already have and they would be done.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Its the exact same MAF, thats all they would need to do. Even being on as a SRI, I did not throw an engine code.

·
Registered
130 Posts
thats awesome...do you have any pics of it?

What model was the K&N SRI???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts