Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Element is spending the night at K&N Engineering getting fitted for the about-to-be released K&N Element cold air intake kit. If all goes well, I will be driving the E home tomorrow morning with a few extra horsepower! Needless to say, I am quite excited.

Once they give me the go ahead, I will post a pic and let you all know how it went.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just installed the K&N air filter for the stock box, waiting for the typhoon, anybody know if the release will be october 1st or december 31st?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must say I love the kit! It gives the E a nice boost in HP, and a meaner sounding engine. I asked when they planned on releasing it, however they aren't sure yet.

Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures, or give out any other details until the kit is released.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked about the retail price, and mentioned that a few people on this board might be interested in it. They will e-mail me once they have set the price... maybe we can work a deal for EOC.

They dyno'd the car 14 times, but didn't let me keep the graphs. The highest gains were shown around 29 HP (which is insane for a CAI).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just to let you know that www.enjen.com has a CAI and it has Dynoed at 10 to 12 HP "at the wheels". I will install mine Saturday. Other installations have realized a big increase in accelerator response and torque. It costs $173.00. It comes in two pieces, a short ram for wet conditions and a cold air extension for normal. SSM, Side steps, splash guards that's all. Ya gotta love it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So far with the Injen gas mileage is up 1mpg.
I'm trying this week to keep my foot out of it (love the sound) and see what the real increase in mpg will be.

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:cfdc14eed2="elementarywatson"]Place the order thru www.adventon.com $173.00!!![/quote:cfdc14eed2]

Elementary my dear Watson......( sorry I've been dying to use that one on you...)...and yes so far is best place for the money.....chi...ching!!! 8)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I will be interested once they are released, I also want to do exhaust. Has anyone done exhaust mods yet??

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote:d96d18b7d8="ChumsGum"]I've read that you couldn't use the Honda fog lamps with the Injen CAI, is this true?[/quote:d96d18b7d8]

Yes it's true.......I found out the hard way. then again this can be true for any CAI that places the filter in that location. I had to use the short ram system, which is ok for the winter months, but I plan on changing the stock Honda fogs to Piaas in the spring. The Piaa lights are more compact and allowing for the filter to fit properly behind the fog light housing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.