Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Interesting observations, K&N claims that if you get any oily grit down stream from the filter it was incorrectly oiled (which is a common problem). Their data supports better airflow and equal or better dirt filtering properties then stock paper filters... I guess it is one of those preference things.

· Registered
176 Posts
If it was never re-oiled, that does suggest that oil is atomizing as air goes through the filter. The next question would be what are the implications:

WITHOUT GRIT: oil inside the air system, fuel system, is it enough to cause problems, k&n said no, i never had any long term issues with all the motorcycles i ran with k&n's

WITH GRIT: real issue, not worth the filter, k&n claims they let less grit in then a stock filter, who do you believe?

· Registered
176 Posts
Interesting, when you put a CAI on from either Injen or K&N aren't you using an oiled filter? I'll check my intake pipe in a few thousand for grit and oil, if dirty, I'll pull the K&N as well... never had issues with them in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.