Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Element Ex AWD with an automatic trans. The engine just died. My friend has a K24A2 with an matching automatic trans wiring harness and ECU from an 05 Acura TSX that he is willing to give me for free. My question is what do I need to do to get the K24A2 engine to work in my element? I am pretty sure it will just bolt in I am mostly worried about the electronics (ECU, wiring harness, immobilizer) ect. And which transmission to use? I am not looking to upgrade the engine any. I just want the K24A2 to work as stock and to retain the automatic transmission. Any advice, experiences, or know how would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im pretty sure most of the k24 will work I'll see if I have the list some late models have higher HP ratings

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Im pretty sure most of the k24 will work I'll see if I have the list some late models have higher HP ratings

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I just saw a K24 whole motor for sale locally for $800. What kind of labor costs are we looking at for a long block swap out? I like the idea of not having to replace the ECU as I already have a tuner to work with. He actually told me recently that a head swap would be the best mod moving forward, but I am curious to how long and how much that would cost. I don't have the experience to do it, I would need to hire someone to do it for me. Can someone please give me some numbers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
1500$ is usually the running cost including the motor . Which is the same price as a head replacement.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 04 Element Ex AWD with an automatic trans. The engine just died. My friend has a K24A2 with an matching automatic trans wiring harness and ECU from an 05 Acura TSX that he is willing to give me for free. My question is what do I need to do to get the K24A2 engine to work in my element? I am pretty sure it will just bolt in I am mostly worried about the electronics (ECU, wiring harness, immobilizer) ect. And which transmission to use? I am not looking to upgrade the engine any. I just want the K24A2 to work as stock and to retain the automatic transmission. Any advice, experiences, or know how would be greatly appreciated
It's the exact same motor mine was an a2 2003

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever do this swap? Just wondering if there were any issues with the transmission (like wiring)?

I have an 04 I swapped a JDM TSX motor in recently and need to look into a newer transmission as it seems I have no options for aftermarket engine management unless I go with a newer ECU.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just bought a used 04 TSX motor. Will be doing a head swap for sure, am learning that it is a lot more work than I initially anticipated. Will be having a shop do the labor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts