Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I took ownership of a used 2004 Element. Seems like a great car, but after looking around the interior, I found that the vehicle has an aftermarket security system. And now my question, does anyone have a user manual for a KARR 2040a security system? I didn't get any remotes with the car and I am wondering if it is worth investing in getting the remotes but I would like to learn a little about the system before I do anything. It looks as thou it was professionally installed.

Any help or suggestion would be great. I have searched the forum, but didn't turn up too much about the KARR system.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
KARR system

I have a KARR system that was installed by the dealer when I bought my Element in 2003. I don't know what the number is off the top of my head, but I love it. It's very convenient, never gives me any trouble, and has never broken down in 5 years. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a KARR system that was installed by the dealer when I bought my Element in 2003. I don't know what the number is off the top of my head, but I love it. It's very convenient, never gives me any trouble, and has never broken down in 5 years. :D
Glad that the KARR system has worked for you. But you didn't answer my question: do you have a user/owner manual for the security system? If so, can you make me a pdf or photocopy of it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Did you try checking the manufacturer's website?

·
Registered
273 Posts
KARR system came with my 03',,, and no paperwork. honda dealer will activate and supply remotes... check with your dealer.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found it, but my model KARR unit seems to be a a 4040a, would you like the manual anyways?
Thanks for checking. I have searched the internet over and over and over with very little results. If someone can direct me to the company website that has the manual on it, that would be great. I can't find it. It is not for a lack of trying.

The only manual I can find online is the 4040a so thank you for looking for it in your car and offering to get me a copy of it. I wish it were the 2040 model so thanks again.

And for the dealships help...no luck. The car was originally bought from a dealership in Southern California in 2004. And I bought the car in Portland, Oregon, but I live in Washington State. None of the dealers here in my area of Washington have any information about the KARR sysytem. One dealer has heard of it, but they can't help me because they never installed the systems in their cars.

So I guess I am still at the mercy of fellow Element owners who might have a owners manual with their car.

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the website. I have tried it and they won't, don't respond to phone calls or emails. Kind of crazy!

I did some searching but could not find PDF copies of the manuals, however I did find a place where you can purchase new and old model remotes. Not sure about how to program them though. Here's the link:

https://protected.fatcow.com/swdealer/order.html
Again thanks for the site. I have not tried it before and I will give it a shot.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
KARR Model 2040a manual

I have the manual for this & created a pdf, but at 1.4mb it's too large to attach. PM me...or if anyone knows how to reduce it any further, let me know.
Rod

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the manual for this & created a pdf, but at 1.4mb it's too large to attach. PM me...or if anyone knows how to reduce it any further, let me know.
Rod
Rod,

I sent you a PM with a way to get the file to me. Thanks for doing this for me. Can't wait to see the manual.

Cheers!

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Rod,

Thank you for the wonderful holiday gift. As you know I have been searching for this for a couple of weeks and had no luck. The Internet is a fantastic resource with very generous people like yourself. I can't say it enough, but THANK YOU for your time and effort.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Jon,
You're more than welcome!
I have the same model installed on my E & it has worked just fine for the past 3 years. I might be replacing one of the remotes though; the Arm/Disarm button is somewhat worn out (the other two buttons respond just fine).
Anyways, glad I could be of help...and Merry Christmas to you too!
Rod

1 - 16 of 16 Posts