Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a warning to anyone dealing with Keeler Motor Car. In 2007, we purchased a 2006 Element EX-P with 24,000 miles on it, for $19,000. They showed us a Carfax that said it had never been in an accident. We recently had it appraised by two different dealers, both of whom quickly pointed out to us that, once they had it up on a lift, it was easy to see that the Element had been in a serious front end accident. They acknowledged that the Carfax was wrong, but were convinced that Keeler must have known about the damage and chose not to tell us (they emphasized that it was a one owner car that had just come off a lease and was in pristine condition).

The good news is that we have driven it 55,000 miles with no incidents and it has been a great car for us. But I will never do business with Keeler again.

For those of you who are going to dismiss us as idiots for trusting a well known car dealer, well, get in line. No one's beating us up as much as ourselves over this one.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I've always contended that Carfax was crap and now that it has become a dealer's selling tool it is even more worthless (if that is possible).

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Wow that's amazing. I'm from up in Clifton park area and my ex-wife and her whole family used to buy all their cars from them until we all moved south.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
hate them
love Mohalk they moved out of the getto of Schenecty and out by Glenville

1 - 5 of 5 Posts