Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just mine or is it common for air to continue to flow through the vents when everything is turned off? I can have all the climate controls off completely and it still blows hot/cold air depending on the temperature setting on the dial. Any thoughts? Its not on "high" or anything but blowing.

Thanks -mike

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It is simply the recirculation button....

If that is not glowing orange, then the vents are open and the faster you go, the more air will come in.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

It explains that in the owners manual.

But, if you want it to stop doing that simply push the recirc button with the fan set to off and no air will come through the vent.

Hope that helps.

Yep, that's what I have been doin'.... before I cracked'er up... :-(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fumes coming in the cabin

Just experienced this lately since I have used my E more often that fresh air gets in the vehicle even with my HVAC control is in Max setting with the recirculation button on. So I did an additional test by turning off the fan and I can feel air flowing through the vents. Any of you guys experience this? I just hate it when there is a vehicle in front of me at normal distance. Makes me sick when I inhale the fumes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just posted this problem with my E today. I don't have a problem with my honda accord and toyota sienna. This should not be a problem first of all. The manual clearly says that fresh airshould not come in and it does even with the recirculation air button is turned on. It makes me sick when I follow other vehicles because the fumes get inside the vehicle and I believe this is a problem.

This is not normal.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I just posted this problem with my E today. I don't have a problem with my honda accord and toyota sienna. This should not be a problem first of all. The manual clearly says that fresh airshould not come in and it does even with the recirculation air button is turned on. It makes me sick when I follow other vehicles because the fumes get inside the vehicle and I believe this is a problem.

This is not normal.
Have a shop check it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts