Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I hope that would be installation of radio, 4 speakers, amp and subs!! Who in their right mind would expect you to pay $375 for installation of a head unit? :shock:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I hope that would be installation of radio, 4 speakers, amp and subs!! Who in their right mind would expect you to pay $375 for installation of a head unit? :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Insane

Thats install only and purchase of the stereo. I think its a rip off. I am denver based guy and cant find a place to get install done. WOW. Way too much. I have a Honda Subwoofer already in place and all the speakers. What the heck!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Dude...I work at best buy and you can bring us pretty much any unit and we will install it for about $105-$150 depending on the vehicle and the unit. The cost includes: labor, dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter, tax. Now some of those items you may not need (you may not need the dash kit and you wont need the antenna adapter). $375 should, as was stated above, be the cost for a whole system to be installed.

Unless you want something like a back up camera or steer wheel controls added they are trying to burn you.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thats a HUGE ripoff. The only reason I would step foot back in that store is to drop a deuce in the middle of their showroom. Have you considered installing one yourself?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Jpeaslee. I cant stomach paying that amount. I would try to install but the tech was talking about prefabricating a kit to install because my year does not support the unit I want installed. Then they need to re-wire to connect to the sub and on and on. By the time you leave that place your brain is full of wire intanglement!!! I am looking into different places. In addition, I can get that unit online for $409. Car Toys are are charging $519. They said their cost is greater due to the warranty. Online sales du not offer the warranty. But CT's does offer an additional 4 year warranty. Does not make sense. What the hell. Is this West Coast Customs? NO!! Thanks for all your posts. I just want to upgrade my 03 to get some better sound and funtionality. Thats it!

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you've ever installed a plain old radio before, and have the ability to read (obviously you do) and a little bit of research and you should be able to do it yourself no problem. The very first radio I installed, I incorporated the factory amp for the sub and bypassed the rest of the amp in my e. It was easy.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
If you've ever installed a plain old radio before, and have the ability to read (obviously you do) and a little bit of research and you should be able to do it yourself no problem. The very first radio I installed, I incorporated the factory amp for the sub and bypassed the rest of the amp in my e. It was easy.
Agreed, it isn't overly complicated to install and integrate a stereo in the Element. The double din units in the older models do pose somewhat of a problem because there isn't a true mounting kit, however you can use the factory brackets and I purchased a mounting kit for a Pilot and used the trim ring from that to finish it off. Just get the appropriate harness (amplified rsx harness) and check out the stickied info and give it a shot. You can always ask questions....people do it here all the time ;-)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Agreed, it isn't overly complicated to install and integrate a stereo in the Element. The double din units in the older models do pose somewhat of a problem because there isn't a true mounting kit, however you can use the factory brackets and I purchased a mounting kit for a Pilot and used the trim ring from that to finish it off. Just get the appropriate harness (amplified rsx harness) and check out the stickied info and give it a shot. You can always ask questions....people do it here all the time ;-)
Hmmm. I've got an 05. I got a double din kit made by sosche (I think) that fit perfect. It was before they changed the radio bezel in the E's. I'll have to look back and see if I can find the model/part #.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hahaha I just looked at your unit and we install units like these all the time for around $140 or so. If there is a best buy near by go there.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you want to integrate your factory sub that does present a different problem. We do have instructions on how to do it on here.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hmmm. I've got an 05. I got a double din kit made by sosche (I think) that fit perfect. It was before they changed the radio bezel in the E's. I'll have to look back and see if I can find the model/part #.
It's the HA1701B.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I agree Jpeaslee. I cant stomach paying that amount. I would try to install but the tech was talking about prefabricating a kit to install because my year does not support the unit I want installed. Then they need to re-wire to connect to the sub and on and on. By the time you leave that place your brain is full of wire intanglement!!! I am looking into different places. In addition, I can get that unit online for $409. Car Toys are are charging $519. They said their cost is greater due to the warranty. Online sales du not offer the warranty. But CT's does offer an additional 4 year warranty. Does not make sense. What the hell. Is this West Coast Customs? NO!! Thanks for all your posts. I just want to upgrade my 03 to get some better sound and funtionality. Thats it!
the part about how difficult the install is is BS. the part about it costing more than online is legit. you have no warranty from the manufacturer when you buy online unless you get it from an authorized online retailer. this holds true for most manufacturers. be sure to get a squaretrade warranty or something if you get one from online so you have an actual warranty if you go that route. the bitterness of poor service outlasts the sweetness of a good price. ;-)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts