Honda Element Owners Club banner

What do you think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a little mod project that I am quite pleased about. I had my E since it was brand new in ‘06, and the key fob housing on one set was almost worn out (i should have taken a before pic). I was looking around on EBay to find a replacement, but came across an even better option: A switchblade key and fob housed in one. It is an aftermarket product that I got for about $10. Seller is from China, so it took about three weeks to get here (Hawaii, USA). At any rate, you can see below the before and after. I took the key to get laser cut at a local Honda dealer for $13-15. (They will ask for title to verify legal ownership). It was quick! A 5-10 minute process. The rest was done by myself with the help of youtube videos, took a out a solid hour. The hardest part was opening up the key and extracting the little chip (size of a medium-long grain rice) that enables the car to start. Removing the board and battery in the original key fob housing and transferring to the new switchblade housing was simple. For a project worth less than $25, it was definitely worth it! The quality of the switchblade key fob is better than what I expected! I am definitely going to do the other set eventually.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts