Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Just looked at the link....do the s2000 ones fit our cars also? I'm really interested in the rear hatch cover :shock:
We have the js2k covers on our S2000 and am very happy with them. I'll pull one off tonight and see how it fits in the Element.

Here is a DIY from the S2000 site on how to make them with auto carpet tacks from Lowes. The unpainted ones might match black plastic door handles.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=318737&st=0&

i think ill make myself a set from that link jim posted, seems like a fun little project!!

.98 cent keyhole covers. Home Depot snap cap #6-8. Rolled up a small amount of butyl tape, placed inside cap and pressure fit it to each key hole. Cap texture matches perfect. I've used butyl tape before and it's quite strong. Also doing it this way does not force keyhole to be open all the time drawing in water. IMO
:)

Attachments

I looked at those too. I even found one that works on the rear key hole. I guess I should have posted up the part number for that.
Ditto, probably the cheapest and fastest mod I'll ever do.

I guess my Home Depot doesn't carry them. I had three employees plus myself searching that isle. Also there are no rotating displays in that isle at this store :(. What other types of items were by them? I now know what Isle to keep digging through but not sure what section to check, was it towards specialty fasteners?

Gave Home depot a Call and they weren't able to locate anything for me. seems snap cap isn't enough description for them. I'm going to just do the other DIY options in the thread. Thanks for the help anyways

Edit: One last idea, What are these "6-8 snap caps" designed to do? Are these snap caps for screws or snap caps for piping or what exactly? say if I was doing a job and I needed to come buy a few of those snap caps. Other than key covers for an Element what else might I be doing If i needed to go buy those?

Doesn't quite look like what I want. It might be a screw cap based on everything I told home depot and what they told me. I'm going to go check my local store one more time tomorrow and hope I can find the "golden ticket" otherwise I'll just go with another option. This is a must mod only a need so I'm not that giddy.

what part of home depot are these snap caps in?
I found them at Ace Hardware in the small parts bins. 17 cents each. Now I have to figure out how to attach.:?

I actually bought mine at Lowes. They are in the isle with the "specialty" hardware. There should be some blue cabinets with drawers. Look until you find the drawers that have the plastic fasteners like what hold the interior panels on or the ones that go into your radiator support cover. The ones I bought were for a Nissan I think. Each OEM has their own style. The ones you're looking for have a double barb on the end. Trim the barbs off, push'm in your keyhole, Done.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.