Honda Element Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
dear yemen85,

please, please, please, make a rear one for me for my 04 ssm!!!!
you did a stellar job!

cheers
:food004:

can i borrow some clear coat??
I have the clear coat. Plenty of it actually.
I know where you can get a can of color matching
paint as well. Its not cheap, but it will be a perfect
match. You have SSM though, so maybe you can
find something close in a can at HD. I also have
the adhesion promoter to put on the plastic before
you paint it. Let me know if you are serious, I will
order a pair of blank door plugs and paint them at
the same time as yours. PM me.

Did the rear key hole cover, part number 91501-S1K-003. Trim accordingly.
:)
Hey, part number at which store?

I hand painted the cover as I didn't have a rattle can. I used a rattle can to clear. I might leave it the way it is, or order a rattle can. Need to see it in the sun.
:)
The rear keyhole cover covers the black ring AROUND the keyhole as well?

Thanks

thanks, rolie! i definitely will be doing this! not sure when though. soon i hope :roll:

I have the clear coat. Plenty of it actually.
I know where you can get a can of color matching
paint as well. Its not cheap, but it will be a perfect
match. You have SSM though, so maybe you can
find something close in a can at HD. I also have
the adhesion promoter to put on the plastic before
you paint it. Let me know if you are serious, I will
order a pair of blank door plugs and paint them at
the same time as yours. PM me.

If your using the ace hardware ones?

Ok so I found the caps at ACE and Lowes, bought both sizes, painted the rear to match my SOP element, but did the rest of you cut the tabs off completely and attach using butyl (sp) tape or just cut the barbs off and leave a rib to insert in the lock? I was thinking about using silcone or rtv clear sealant to attach.
thanks Josh8)

Ok so I found the caps at ACE and Lowes, bought both sizes, painted the rear to match my SOP element, but did the rest of you cut the tabs off completely and attach using butyl (sp) tape or just cut the barbs off and leave a rib to insert in the lock? I was thinking about using silcone or rtv clear sealant to attach.
thanks Josh8)
I couldn't find the Home Depot snap caps, so I got the Lowes ones too (hardware aisle/automotive drawer). I cut the arms off the pin, and they fit in nicely. I'm still figuring out the rear [Honda] one. I cut the arms off that one, shaved the pin, but it's still popping back out a little. I bought a 2nd one, cut everything off, but can't find Butyl tape ANYWHERE (non-web) to try that method. Little help anybody?

Attachments

I used 3M Mounting Tape; that two side sticky stuff. Only did door locks but they've stayed on three weeks, hot weather, car washed maybe four times. And they can be popped out without any problem. Just trimmed enough tape off the roll to fit the Ace caps and pushed them in.

I couldn't find the Home Depot snap caps, so I got the Lowes ones too (hardware aisle/automotive drawer). I cut the arms off the pin, and they fit in nicely. I'm still figuring out the rear [Honda] one. I cut the arms off that one, shaved the pin, but it's still popping back out a little. I bought a 2nd one, cut everything off, but can't find Butyl tape ANYWHERE (non-web) to try that method. Little help anybody?
I finally saw the S2000 ones in person and they are around 5X nicer looking and prefect fit, making them harder to steal. I ordered a few pairs, and I LOVE them. I am STILL having issues trying to make that honda part stay in the hatch keyhole though. It always wants to pop out a little, or shift off-center. I guess I will try the 3M method instead of the stem method.

I finally saw the S2000 ones in person and they are around 5X nicer looking and prefect fit, making them harder to steal. I ordered a few pairs, and I LOVE them. I am STILL having issues trying to make that honda part stay in the hatch keyhole though. It always wants to pop out a little, or shift off-center. I guess I will try the 3M method instead of the stem method.
I guess I should have posted this a while ago. I bought the S2K key hole covers
a while back. Since I have an SC and the door handles are painted, I painted
the key hole covers to match. I think they came out pretty good!!! I have not
had any isssues with the back key hole cover moving or coming out. When I
put it in, after trimming the extra plastic from the back, it snapped in.

Before:

After:

I also had the Honda part for the back key hole thanks to woosterpuss. You
can see it in the first pic as I painted it as well.

Here is how it looks:

This is a picture of the Porsche key hole cover I had in before.

^^Very Nice Sir. 8)

I'll have to take/post a picture of mine, since the plastic caps I used look different. The ones I used actually cover the entire recessed area. I need to redo my hatch keyhole cover, as I'm not happy with it's overall look.:|

^^Very Nice Sir. 8)

I'll have to take/post a picture of mine, since the plastic caps I used look different. The ones I used actually cover the entire recessed area. I need to redo my hatch keyhole cover, as I'm not happy with it's overall look.:|
What did you do with the rear hatch? Or are you GOING to do?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.