Honda Element Owners Club banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
I have the clear coat. Plenty of it actually.
I know where you can get a can of color matching
paint as well. Its not cheap, but it will be a perfect
match. You have SSM though, so maybe you can
find something close in a can at HD. I also have
the adhesion promoter to put on the plastic before
you paint it. Let me know if you are serious, I will
order a pair of blank door plugs and paint them at
the same time as yours. PM me.
If you DIY paint, I would say Adhesion Promoter is a MUST.

I used the touch-up paint with no promoter and no clearcoat, and the paint FELL OFF the covers in under two weeks, in a giant chunk.

If you DIY paint, I would say Adhesion Promoter is a MUST.

I used the touch-up paint with no promoter and no clearcoat, and the paint FELL OFF the covers in under two weeks, in a giant chunk.
One coat of Adhesion Promoter, three coats of color and three coats of clear.
I did my mud guards as well, thats why I had the paint.

I would say that next time I do it, I will get some 2000 grit sandpaper
and wet sand between the coats of paint and clear. I think the color
will pop more.

Did the rear key hole cover, part number 91501-S1K-003. Trim accordingly.
:)
I used 3M Mounting Tape; that two side sticky stuff. Only did door locks but they've stayed on three weeks, hot weather, car washed maybe four times. And they can be popped out without any problem. Just trimmed enough tape off the roll to fit the Ace caps and pushed them in.
I tried to do the touch-up paint on the covers myself and it looked crappy, and flaked off. But now I have success! I had some stuff painted recently and threw the keyhole covers in too. The rear is my fav. Used Scotch 3M on it.:

Attachments

Looks really good Legioss. If you have some blue tape and a silver sharpie,
you could put blue tape around the back cover, and then use the silver sharpie
to color in the 3M tape. Might look a little better.

Looks really good Legioss. If you have some blue tape and a silver sharpie,
you could put blue tape around the back cover, and then use the silver sharpie
to color in the 3M tape. Might look a little better.
? The 3M isn't visible. Maybe you are looking at the outermost black part of the keyhole? I'd rather be black than silver anyway.

Well here's mine.

Before:

After:

Much better, I really like the look. 8) For fitment I trimmed the back of the clip for a tight pressure fit and it's not going anywhere.

I'd like to thank yemen85 for posting the exact Honda part number for that clip, as it's fit is pretty much on the money.

Oh and here's my take on the door key hole covers that I said I'd post awhile back.

^^Those are pressure fit as well. Although I like the look of the S2000 key hole covers, I think I like the look of these more so. I bought those at either Lowes, or The Home Depot. I actually purchased those awhile back and unfortunately I can't remember which store it I bought them from, or even their part numbers. Sorry about that guys.

^Those are pressure fit as well. Although I like the look of the S2000 key hole covers, I think I like the look of these more so. I bought those at either Lowes, or The Home Depot. I actually purchased those awhile back and unfortunately I can't remember which store it I bought them from, or even their part numbers. Sorry about that guys.
Do you remember what section you were in?

I recently did a re-order and got a discount code for JS2K.COM. I'm not sure if it works on initial orders, or re-orders only. Try it and see.

I imaged it so it will last longer:
Text Font Logo

I finally remembered to post high-res pics of the S2K unpainted matte covers with unpainted matte handles. Perfect match.

Door handle Font Lock Metal Hardware accessory

Bumper Metal Automotive exterior Rim Gas

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.