Honda Element Owners Club banner

Key hole covers!!!!!!!!

20K views 77 replies 23 participants last post by  Legioss 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! So i was hanging out with one of my buddies that owns a Scion TC and I noticed that he had keyhole covers....I said "damn I wish they made those for my car" ....he offered to see if they fit on my E and surprisingly they fit 100% perfect! I thought that I'd share the info in case anyone is looking for a quick solution to shaving their door handles. My buddy tells me that the keyhole covers are roughly $12 so you really can't beat the price. The Scion TC comes in a silver that's very similar to ASM, but if you wanna have it match perfectly, you'll have to take it to a body shop or use some touch up paint and a steady hand. I'll keep everyone posted after I get them in the mail and install them. If you're interested you can ask inquire about them by emailing these guys : keytechniques@hotmail.com

#5 ·
The guys with corvettes and camaro's on ls1tech.com have been running these for years, and I mean years. Anyone will tell you if your keyfob stops working, they pop off, but as with anything, thats probably your fault, if your to oblivious to notice you have to be 5 feet or less from your car for it to work, which means it is time to change the battery, then you deserve the duhhhh award.
Later
Steve

#7 ·
The questions on here sometimes...lol.... :twisted: Thank you for taking care of that for me steve...yes they pop right off in two secs....you can use your fingernails to take them off...or you can just make sure that your alarm batteries don't die. BTW i forgot to say....don't go stealing any of these from any TCs you guys ;-) ....lol....j/k anyways.... Hey Rymo not sure if they comne unpainted...I just ordered the ones in silver paint (scion silver) but if they don't match i'm going to have them color matched when i do my lip kit :)

#6 ·
does it come in black plastic color :)

#8 · (Edited)
#9 ·
wonder if they will sell unpainted

#10 ·
#15 ·
Nice! I never knew these things existed. I need one for my EG Hatch for the bag tailgate.

So any updates on the S2K ones fitting Elements? Id love to buy a pack for the E and if they fit for the EG too.

#16 ·
i don't know yet....still waiting to hear from rymo.....i emailed the guys, but got no response....we'll wait and see i guess....the ones from the scion site that I ordered should be in soon....i'll keep everyone posted.

#18 ·
DID THE KEYHOLE COVER MOD! not bad. trunk hole is too big for this mod:)

#23 ·
i think ill make myself a set from that link jim posted, seems like a fun little project!!

#26 ·
Ditto, probably the cheapest and fastest mod I'll ever do.

#47 ·
Hey, part number at which store?

I hand painted the cover as I didn't have a rattle can. I used a rattle can to clear. I might leave it the way it is, or order a rattle can. Need to see it in the sun.
:)
The rear keyhole cover covers the black ring AROUND the keyhole as well?

Thanks

#32 ·
I guess my Home Depot doesn't carry them. I had three employees plus myself searching that isle. Also there are no rotating displays in that isle at this store :(. What other types of items were by them? I now know what Isle to keep digging through but not sure what section to check, was it towards specialty fasteners?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.