Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the wife is too used to her Subi & in the 3 months of owning the E has 2x now left the E with the headlamps on, where in the Subi once the key is removed, the headlamps are off.

I was thinking about interrupting fuse for the headlamps, then running a replay/inline fuse between the headlamp slot and a keyed ignition source (to be used only as the trigger).

Has anyone done this? If so, is it straight forward?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Benn there... Done that...

We also went from a Subi to an E and for the life of me I can't figure out why other manufactures don't have the headlights switched with the key as they do. How about the radio, the wipers, or the fan? They shut off. Just imagine how many people would forget to turn off all those if they didn't go off with the key. Why just the headlights stay on?

As far as your mod... all we need to do is find the always hot feed for the headlight relay and changed it to a KO switched circuit.

A suggestion is do what I did and buy a small jumper box and I have it mounted under the hood with some bungies, It's there when you or someone else needs it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts