Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My new (2006) Element came with only 1 wireless key fob. I have two left over from my old (2003) Element. The 2006 fob and 2003 fob look exactly the same, but the part numbers are different and the manufacturers are different.

I am able to reprogram the 2006 fob as per the Honda instructions no problem. but the 2003 remotes don't work. I assume that they are simply not compatable with the newer car.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

·
12,180 Posts
Hi all,

My new (2006) Element came with only 1 wireless key fob. I have two left over from my old (2003) Element. The 2006 fob and 2003 fob look exactly the same, but the part numbers are different and the manufacturers are different.

I am able to reprogram the 2006 fob as per the Honda instructions no problem. but the 2003 remotes don't work. I assume that they are simply not compatable with the newer car.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
That is corret. I tried the same thing when we returned my wifes Civic at the end of the lease. I lost one of her remotes (same part number as the 2003 E. I tried to use one from my 2006 E and it would not program. You need the proper remote.

·
Registered
997 Posts
All the 2003 models used an accessory add-on keyless entry. The 2006 EX came from the factory with keyless so Honda has different remotes for them that don't interchange. The 2003 remotes you have would be usefull only to someone that already has the accessory keyless control unit added.

-Trevor

Genuine Factory Honda Element Accessories

1 - 4 of 4 Posts