Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My new (2006) Element came with only 1 wireless key fob. I have two left over from my old (2003) Element. The 2006 fob and 2003 fob look exactly the same, but the part numbers are different and the manufacturers are different.

I am able to reprogram the 2006 fob as per the Honda instructions no problem. but the 2003 remotes don't work. I assume that they are simply not compatable with the newer car.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

·
Retired.
12,180 Posts
Hi all,

My new (2006) Element came with only 1 wireless key fob. I have two left over from my old (2003) Element. The 2006 fob and 2003 fob look exactly the same, but the part numbers are different and the manufacturers are different.

I am able to reprogram the 2006 fob as per the Honda instructions no problem. but the 2003 remotes don't work. I assume that they are simply not compatable with the newer car.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
That is corret. I tried the same thing when we returned my wifes Civic at the end of the lease. I lost one of her remotes (same part number as the 2003 E. I tried to use one from my 2006 E and it would not program. You need the proper remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.