Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my first E beginning of this year, its an 05' EX AWD, Love it!
The car came with one fob and it didn't work right from the start. I tried to reprogram it, no luck. Tried with my older fob [unit to the right] which I had from a previous 05' Civic, no luck. So I went looking for the keyless entry receiver on the E and it is in place. Do I just have the wrong fobs for the receiver?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm starting off the obvious before it comes up.
You've checked the batteries?
You've looked for blown fuses?

Here's an older thread that might help With figuring out what your correct remote is supposed to be and an interesting kink about remotes in your model year that I haven't heard before.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-58428.html

I also see others selling one of the remotes you show for your vehicle, but not the other one. Also, the seller claims it's "not for the Omron." You might've been given the wrong remote to begin with since yours says "Alps" right on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I got an OEM remote and OEM keyless entry receiver to try and see which one might be faulty, looks like nothing is, as both the units failed to work. So looks like something else is faulty somewhere else, where else should I be looking?
I wanted to do a remote starter soon but I'd like to fix this first so I can troubleshoot the remote starter right if need be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts