Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2006 EX - love it - No fob for keyless entry. I used this forum to find the receiving module under the dash, which was perfect info. the FCC ID is OUCG8D-344H-B. My question is with the B at the end of the number. The remote fobs I have found end with 344H-A. Am I missing something or does tab A fit in slot B?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a 2006 EX - love it - No fob for keyless entry. I used this forum to find the receiving module under the dash, which was perfect info. the FCC ID is OUCG8D-344H-B. My question is with the B at the end of the number. The remote fobs I have found end with 344H-A. Am I missing something or does tab A fit in slot B?
Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem right now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having had to deal with FCC certifying before, those numbers are meaningless. They are an ID thats made up partially by the FCC themselves and the FOB's internally used part number. Chances are that there was a design revision to some electronic component which then requires a re-certification.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Having had to deal with FCC certifying before, those numbers are meaningless. They are an ID thats made up partially by the FCC themselves and the FOB's internally used part number. Chances are that there was a design revision to some electronic component which then requires a re-certification.
Not sure how you can say that. The 344 in the number is the FREQUENCY.
Its the most important part of knowing what you need when dealing with
FOBs or any kind of send or receive module.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes the frequency in this case is partly encoded in the FCC id. This is not an exclusive inclusion in all FCC id's. Chances are that the frequency is part of the product part number as well. Just because the frequency matches does not mean compatibility as FCC certifications are not concerned with encoding or protocols and are only concerned with levels of radiated emissions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.