Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so two quick questions

i just picked up a LX today and if i switch the headunits will i have any problems? i know a lot of ppl talk about ex's and problems but i asume that is because it comes with a sub so the LX should be a simple switch right?

second question is, is there a way to turn off the honk that the car makes when locking and unlocking it with the keyless entry?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
second question is, is there a way to turn off the honk that the car makes when locking and unlocking it with the keyless entry?

Press the button once to lock with no horn. Twice to lock and get the horn-honk confirmation. At least that's the way it works on OEM key fobs. If your's is an after-market add-on, may be different.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
no problem switching the radio out in any of the elements as long as you are using the correct parts to do so. and as mkh said, if it is factory there shouldnt be a honk on lock unless you are pressing it twice. post a picture of your remote if you are in doubt of it being factory. if it is factory it was added as an accessory since none of them came with keyless in 03 and only the EX had it in 04-05(?) so you would have a 50/50 chance of it being aftermarket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2010 element, I think its from. Rockledge securities but it came as factory installed when I picked up the car and my question is is there anyway to turn off the whole horn honking thing period? Like for locks or unlocks? I get home late and I feel bad for the people in my house when the horn goes off as I come and go

Understand that I can press lock once only but what about for unlocks?

I know some keyless entrys have it so you can like hold down one button or something like that and it will turn off the honk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It's a 2010 element, I think its from. Rockledge securities but it came as factory installed when I picked up the car and my question is is there anyway to turn off the whole horn honking thing period? Like for locks or unlocks? I get home late and I feel bad for the people in my house when the horn goes off as I come and go

Understand that I can press lock once only but what about for unlocks?

I know some keyless entrys have it so you can like hold down one button or something like that and it will turn off the honk
most have an aux option that if pressed first will make it not honk, but not sure about rockledge securities, never heard of them. pop the u shaped under dash cover below the steering wheel off and that is probably where they tied into the horn, or at the green security plug to the left. either place the factory colored wire is orange and a smaller 18 gauge. unhook the aftermarket wire from that and the horn honk should go away

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
like that annoying little toyota/lexus one? :roll: i have all my stuff set to silent arm/disarm. i agree that the horn is annoying, but so are most confirmations.

·
Registered
52 Posts
couldnt you just hit the valet switch (if so equipped) to turn the honk off? That way it could be turned back on if need be, and no risk of unplugging the wrong wire from the harness?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the valet switch on an alarm when used in the right sequence with the key will usually totally disable the alarm (and sounding devices) and put it in simple keyless mode. on a standard keyless unit the valet is used used for programming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts