Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have and older (03) EX and it did not come with factory keyless. I wanted to add keyless to the E. I debated on putting an after market keyless but ended up with the factory Honda keyless. It was very very easy (if someone was wondering how hard it was). I literally took 30 seconds and a 10mm nutdriver. The keyless (including shipping) was $128. The web address is www.handa-accessories.com/elementelect.html

An after market keyless installed would run you around $100 +. I believe that this is the way to go. No cutting, works perfectly. Includes driver unlock, rest of car unlock, light flash, dome light supervision and panic (horn honk). I do not think you could get all of this from an aftermarket retailer for under $128.

Just though that I would share this with you all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agreed!!!!

I purchased one for my 03 several years ago and handed the box and the printed instructions to my 16 year old son. He installed it and it's working to this very day!

·
Registered
510 Posts
i bought my 03 element ex brand new back in nov 2003 and i was surprised that it didnt come with keyless entry as standard on ex models,so i negotiated with salesman and he agreed to give me the module and fobs for free but i had to pay for the installation for like $250 and i know it would only take a few mins to install.and thats how i got the keyless entry system. :grin:
i just replaced the driver side door lock actuator yesterday and i finally get the power door lock/keyless entry to work again.it was broken for 2 and half years.the acutator only costs $41 but honda dealership wants $210~$250 to have it installed/replaced. :evil:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
this is a silly quorstion, but I'm ordering a door lock actuator from here:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...=FRONT DOOR LOCKS - OUTER HANDLE&vinsrch=null

.... the options are right side or left side actuator assembly. Can anyone tell me exactly what part I need for the driver's side? (would that be left?)

Thanks!
:060:
the designations left and right are always used to tell you where in the car the component in question is in realation to if you were sitting in the driver seat. they do this for vehicles that are sold in multiple markets like honda does in case it is RHD. that way there isnt confusion over "driver side" or "passenger side"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts