Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! First time poster!

I recently bought Switchblade Keyless Entry/Key off ebay and want to verify that it'll work in my 2007 Honda Element EX before I go down to the dealership or a locksmith. The transmitter freq, OUCG8D-344H-A, is the same as my Element, however the switchblade key itself is made for a early 2000's model CR-V and I dont know if the chip in the key blade itself will work.

I realize that within the key itself is a chip that allows the car to crank. Will this chip that was made originally for the early 2000's model CR-V work with my Element?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it was for a CR-V earlier than 2007, it probably won't work. Honda changed the type of chip in the Element in either 2006 or 2007, I forget which year. However, if the chip can be removed from the switchblade key, you can chisel open your valet key and put that chip in the switchblade.

If that won't work, I'd recommend the Ridgeline all-in-one key (2007 or later). The chip in the Ridgeline key can be programmed, if you want to pay the dealer, or it can be replaced by the chip from your valet key. It's about $40 for the key, and $25 - $30 for a locksmith to cut it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts