Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,447 Posts
I saw that happen to a girl in a VW Jetta at my neighborhood gas station last week. She'd finished paying, got into her car and sat there a little while without starting it, (checking her cell phone messages, I suspect), and all by itself, her car went berserk! She had to start it, drive away from the pumps into a parking stall, and start whatever process VW's require all over again to make the damn thing shut the hell up. I was spell-bound by the drama of it all!

At least my Element doesn't exhibit such uncouth behavior! Yeah, I've been stretching into the back to close my rear sunroof, and wondered who the hell else has air horns in my neighboorhood, and sheepishly realized when I got out and saw my OWN lights flashing, that something on my keyring was pushing the panic button on my own fob (in my pocket)! I've rearranged keys and other non-essential stuff on my keyring(s) several times to achieve a less panic-prone "alignment".

But I'm not upset being "locked out" because I didn't open a door within some "predetermined elapsed time". Just push the button again, or use the friggin' key! Doh! As usual, if an electronic device appears to "act" intelligently, some people are greatly perturbed because the device doesn't literally read their minds, and somehow know "what it is" you want it to do next! (How can it "know" what you, specifically expect/demand of it?)

This is "just" a Honda. The remote keyless entry only costs a few bucks over $100. It's not gonna do your laundry and take out the trash, while patting you on the back for making such a great car choice. :cry: Oh boohoo!

· Registered
3,447 Posts
Wow, this is such a difficult issue to deal with. While I don't like "things" that assume they're smarter than me, it's really easy to trick a "smart-a** Honda. Just push the master unlock button on the driver's door, and it will remain unlocked. If you're too lazy to go to the vehicle to do this, maybe it's YOU with the problem; not the vehicle. Just imagine what it was like for your parents or grandparents, who never had remote keyless entry, you whining children! They actually had to touch the vehicle to make it do anything, can you believe it!? If it really bothers you that much, maybe you actually bought the wrong car, since other vehicles apparently "think" the way you do. That doesn't make your way of thinking CORRECT, though! It's just your way of thinking. And you're welcome to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.